What can I offer? ( want Cano, Lawrie, Dee) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What can I offer? ( want Cano, Lawrie, Dee)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What can I offer? ( want Cano, Lawrie, Dee)

Postby eromano33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 am

Alright, so one team in my league (5x5,h2h, 10 team) has three guys who I specifically want to target in a trade. Those three are:
Brett Lawrie
Robinson Cano
Dee Gordon

I just believe in all three of these guys, and want to figure out a way to acquire them, whether it be one at a time, two together, or even an offer for all three. I just want some advice on what would be a good offer to the other owner, but not one that will be a lowball and will put a block on future negotiations. I think this other team's weakness is in RP, (he only has one relief pitcher in J. Walden), while that is my strength with my five closers. He also appears to have a weak UTIL, as he is currently slotted to start Jesus Montero and Yoenis Cespedes there. His SP's are exceptionally strong with Felix and Verlander. Here's my team right now, obviously I'm open to trading anyone as I want to acquire Cano (I picked 10th). I think Cano would be the lowest priority of the three guys for how much I would like to acquire them, as he would easily cost me the most.

Here is what I currently have:

C: Brian McCann
1B: Paul Konerko
2B: Ryan Roberts
SS: Alexei Ramirez
3B: Alex Rodriguez
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Jason Heyward
UTIL: Corey Hart
UTIL: Chris Young
BN: Danny Espinosa
BN: Neil Walker
BN: Peter Bourjos

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: CC Sabathia
RP: John Axford
RP: Jason Motte
P: Brandon League
P: Sergio Santos
P: Chris Perez
P: Madison Bumgarner
BN: Brandon McCarthy
BN: Derek Holland

Also considering dropping either Neil Walker, Ryan Roberts, or Danny Espinosa for Billingsley, Danks, Worley, or Bucholtz, if you have any input on that.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. : just spitballing, but would it be crazy (either way) to offer konerko, ramirez, and a-rod for lawrie, hosmer and gordon? maybe i throw in one closer?
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What can I offer? ( want Cano, Lawrie, Dee)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 am

Is this a keeper league? That would make a big difference.

You're looking at some premium players. If I were the other guy, I'd make sure to get some premium guys back. I'd want Justin Upton and Madison Bumgarner to headline the deal if we're talking about a keeper league here.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby codyscherer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 am

Posting his whole team would help mere for possible trade combinations and ideas. If you want cano you are going to have to put upton or cargo in the deal. you could maybe go upton or cargo raybun and A-rod for cano and lawrie.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=442331
codyscherer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mpieco » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 am

I'm not sure Konerko, A-Rod, and A-Ram would even get you Cano, let alone all 3. Odds are he thinks highly of Cano and that won't come easily. At all.

Out of your players, Upton and CarGo are the best bats, and Lincecum/Sabathia/Bumgarner your best pitchers. Odds are it will take 2 out of that group to net you the players you want.

In terms of dropping, I'd drop Espinosa to pick up Worley most likely. Especially if you add Cano, Lawrie, and Gordon. Your IF will be good enough with those 3 and others. Espinosa would become even more expendable.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eromano33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 am

not a keeper, and the trade I suggested had left cano out
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eromano33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 am

heres his team, (same format as mine) and in which round he drafted them:

1. Cano (2b)
2.Verlander (SP)
3. Felix (SP)
4.Holliday (OF)
5. Lawrie (3B)
6. Strasburg (P)
7. Hosmer (1B)
8. Posey (C)
9.Adam Jones (OF)
10. Adam Wainwright (P)
11. Dee Gordon (SS)
12. LoMo (OF)
13. Jordan Walden (RP)
14. Jesus Montero (UTIL)
15. Yoenis Cespedes (UTIL)
16. Jaime Garcia (P)
17. Moustakas (BN)
18. Neftali feliz (RP, to be SP)
19. Adam Lind (BN)
20. Chase Utley (BN)
21. Trevor Cahill (BN)
22. Brandon Belt (BN)
23. Ben Rever (BN)
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eromano33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 pm

bump for more advice
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pjs1856 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 pm

eromano33 wrote:bump for more advice

You are going to have to go big for those guys - Lawrie is the hot prospect and Cano is proven - You really would be best off by offering something like Cargo + Arod + Alexei + Axford + McCarthy + for Cano + Lawrie + Gordon ....

This allows him to replace each of the guys you are sending out and also improve his depth. Plus as you showed there is talent on the wired that you can throw in. Don't be surprised if you can't make this move though b/c you are picking out 3 of his 'big names' and people get attached to those. Also 1st rounders are a bear to trade for unless you give up a metric butt ton.
pjs1856
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby eromano33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:55 pm

What about not Cano though? What would be a reasonable offer for just Lawrie and Dee? I understand that trading for Cano will be difficult obviously and may not be a price i want to pay this early.
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pjs1856 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:02 pm

eromano33 wrote:What about not Cano though? What would be a reasonable offer for just Lawrie and Dee? I understand that trading for Cano will be difficult obviously and may not be a price i want to pay this early.

just a piece of advice from my perspective - in a 10 team league you can ALWAYS find something on the wire especially in pitching and ESPECIALLY in head to head so I always want the best players.

Now as for what to give up just for Gordon and Lawrie - i'd start with a flip of ARod + Alexei for the 2 - then maybe add a closer to the mix. ARod was WOEFULLY underated by a lot of sites this year - even if he plays 120 he's going to get 25/85/80/.290 and especially in h2h where you can fill in that's valuable. If he won't go for that deal w/o a closer i'd offer him one of those. I'm also very high on CYoung in h2h so you could try to include him if you have to have the 2 guys. But i'd send him an offer for all 3 and say look these are who i want and am prepared to pay a premium.
pjs1856
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions