Roto league turned into a H2H leafue this year...(whir) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Roto league turned into a H2H leafue this year...(whir)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roto league turned into a H2H leafue this year...(whir)

Postby thatguysound » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:18 am

After 10 years of being in a roto league, my keeper league decided to go H2H this year. Help? Please? I've only done one previous H2H league, and that was 4-5 yrs ago.

10 teams, 5 keepers per team. C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UT, UT, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, 7 bench slots (25 players per team) . Daily roster changes allowed, 5 additions per week max. Scoring categories are R, H, HR, RBI, TB, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K, ER, H, TB, ERA, WHIP, QS. Keepers marked with an asterisk.

C: W. Ramos
1B: B. Butler
2B: I. Kinsler
3B: E. Longoria*
SS: Tulo*
OF: J. Upton*, C. Hart, L. Morrison
UT: M. Trumbo, D. Ackley
SP: Kershaw*, Gallardo, Lester, G. Gonzalez, B. Beachy
RP: Valverde, Bailey, Kenley
Bench: B. Harper*, J. Morneau, D. Murphy, M. Gamel, A. Chapman, B. Meyers, E. Volquez

Thoughts on how I can do in a first time H2H? WHIR, of course.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roto league turned into a H2H leafue this year...(whir)

Postby thatguysound » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 am

bump... please help!
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:19 am

I think you have a solid line up. Might be able to package a starter and a positional player to try and get another closer...or stick close to the WW and see who's the next big thing.

Overall A-/B+. Your keepers are all really good, and I think you'll be able to contend for a championship.

Thanks for your help on mine as well.
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mmonteath » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:52 am

I think you have a really solid team with some depth. I really like Morneau and Gamel this year so if they start producing maybe you can look for a trade to help sure up a weakness once the season starts rolling and you can see how some of your less proven guys are doing (Trumbo, Ackley, Beachy, etc.). Thanks for the help on mine.
mmonteath
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 22)

Postby LARS929 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:38 pm

I think your team is in good shape right now, I don't see any weakness that needs addressing. But what I would suggest, in a 10 team, 25 man roster, is that you are all over the free agent pool for pitching. There will be a ton of good talent available there. I would even see if you can move Kershaw and Butler for an elite 1B. In a H2H league, which is what I play, hitting is king, having an ace isn't all the important. I'd rather stuff the statsheet with a batter than a pitcher.

I'd look for something like Kershaw and Butler for Votto if you can. Maybe Prince as well.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 pm

LARS929 wrote:I think your team is in good shape right now, I don't see any weakness that needs addressing. But what I would suggest, in a 10 team, 25 man roster, is that you are all over the free agent pool for pitching. There will be a ton of good talent available there. I would even see if you can move Kershaw and Butler for an elite 1B. In a H2H league, which is what I play, hitting is king, having an ace isn't all the important. I'd rather stuff the statsheet with a batter than a pitcher.

I'd look for something like Kershaw and Butler for Votto if you can. Maybe Prince as well.

Definnitely worth considering, although I should have specified that my H2H league is an overview league, not a points league. So I was trying to make sure K's was one of the categories that I'd win each week. I also wasn't worrying too much about SB's (although I obviously have a couple that can steal). You think I have enough power/rbi's to cover me?
As of 8/4/13
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team