Need to unload Halladay - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need to unload Halladay - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need to unload Halladay - WHIR

Postby jefferey13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 am

I picked up Halladay in the 23rd pick because I felt he was the best choice. But now my pitching is a bit over the top and I am badly lacking in the 2B and 3B department. Who would you go after with Halladay? Do I have chance at getting Pedroia? Longoria? Should I try for Kinsler or Wright with a mid level SP?
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need to unload Halladay

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 am

It's going to depend a lot on league settings, and especially on the managers in the league.

Also, I'd wait until a couple months into season to declare your pitching staff so good you need to trade some of it off. Pitching is pretty volatile and 6 weeks into the season your dominant staff could look a lot different.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Re: Need to unload Halladay - WHIR

Postby jefferey13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:39 am

h2h 5x5 Keeper, OBP instead of AVG. I have Kershaw, Halladay, Bumgarner and Fister. My starting 2B and 3B are Chase Utley and Martin Prado.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Beeblebrox » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 am

Fister? He's got no business being listed with those other names. He's borderline WW material depending on the size of your league.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mpieco » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:00 am

While your staff is good, I think you're overrating it a bit. I'd wait to see how Kershaw and Halladay look after 2 workhorse seasons, and if Bumgarner really is going to put it all together, or start out like he did last April before doing anything drastic.

What is the WW looking like for 2B? We might find something useful there.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jefferey13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:01 am

Beeblebrox wrote:Fister? He's got no business being listed with those other names. He's borderline WW material depending on the size of your league.

I just listed my first four picks, and although I don't think he's in the same level I think he is extremely underrated. I don't think he's close to WW material. He had an incredible year last year. 2.83 ERA and 1.06 WHIP. Those are amazing numbers.

And ya maybe I am overrating my pitching. There are just a couple guys who are going to be a in a bit of trouble and thought I could make an early play.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Beeblebrox » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:37 pm

jefferey13 wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:Fister? He's got no business being listed with those other names. He's borderline WW material depending on the size of your league.

I just listed my first four picks, and although I don't think he's in the same level I think he is extremely underrated. I don't think he's close to WW material. He had an incredible year last year. 2.83 ERA and 1.06 WHIP. Those are amazing numbers.

You know last year's number don't automatically transfer to this year, right?

Personally, I'm not going anywhere near a guy that's a massive groundball pitcher and has the worst infield defense in the majors behind him.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby javens » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:53 pm

If your going to give up Halladay, I think you need to get a guy like Longoria or Beltre in return. Kinsler is too risky and Wright is to volatile. However, I really like Alex Rodriguez this year and you might be able to get him and a mediocre (maybe high reward pitcher like Sale) for Halladay. Posting your entire roster would help give better understanding of your situation. Hope that helps.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=442397
javens
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby jefferey13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:You know last year's number don't automatically transfer to this year, right?

Personally, I'm not going anywhere near a guy that's a massive groundball pitcher and has the worst infield defense in the majors behind him.

Of course, but there is no better indicator for how a pitcher will perform in the future than looking at what he has done in the past. And I'm not saying he's going to have 2.75 ERA or a 1.00 WHIP. I just think he's underrated and in no way belongs on the WW.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby codyscherer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Utley at 2nd is bad news. you have 3 studs and while dealing one is ok, It could leave you thin if kershaw gets hurt. Still, I would shoot high for someone like Pedroa. Or maybe do something like kinsler and another good pitcher for utley and halladay. Or go Hallady for a beltra and a good pitcher.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=442331
codyscherer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions