Can you justify these trades? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Can you justify these trades?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Can you justify these trades?

Postby jefferey13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 pm

mkultra wrote:I actually think the second trade is much worse, but I think it's ultimately bad form for a commish to deny a manager a trade he wants to make and can justify in his mind.

I agree, but the dangerous part of allowing it to happen is that one person who "justifies" the trade could ruin the league for all of the other people in it.

Team 1 kills him own team yet he is happy about it,
Team 2 now has a monster and can't be stopped,
Teams 3-16 are pissed for the rest of the season.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lifeindecember » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:43 am

ichirosan wrote:I'm the commish of a Dynasty league, so it's a different situation, but here's how I usually deal with these kind of trades (though I have to say, it's never gotten to this extreme):

If you don't suspect collusion, talk to the owner who is getting the lesser return, and ask him what's his reasoning for doing the trade. If he refuses to tell you, or his answer is BS, go ahead an veto it.

Go with this. If he honestly believes in this trade (no matter how bone-headed it is) let it stand. Your job as commish and the reason for the veto system isn't to combat stupid GM moves. It's to combat collusion. If team B is for it, Let it stand.
lifeindecember
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Billhiggins49 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 am

I am not the Commissioner. This trade (Trade 2) was offered to the Commissioner (he would receive Tulo) and he asked for input from the remaining owners. He did veto Trade 1 based on league rules where he holds the power to review trades and consult with 2 non-league members to determine if a trade will be allowed.
Billhiggins49
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner