newbie... would appreciate some feedback on my squad... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

newbie... would appreciate some feedback on my squad...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

newbie... would appreciate some feedback on my squad...

Postby ngub12 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:45 pm

Have played fantasy football but am new to fantasy baseball this year... what do u guys think of my team? What are my weaknesses\strengths ? thanks
yahoo league -- 10 teams
- R,H,HR,RBI,SB,TB,AVG,OBP,SLG
- IP,W,SV,K,ERA,WHIP

C A. Pierzynski
1B D. Lee
2B M. Giles
3B M. Ensberg
SS M. Tejada
LF B. Bonds
CF P. Wilson
RF P. Nevin
Util R. Durham
BN H. Matsui
BN J. Payton
BN C. Guzman

SP T. Hudson
SP J. Beckett
SP M. Morris
SP R. Wolf
RP E. Gagne
RP J. Isringhausen
BN B. Donnelly
BN K. Wells
ngub12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Entropy! » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:07 pm

Overall it looks pretty good. Nice balance, REALLY strong rotation. The red flags I see are your RF position, your RP's, and your SB's.

Nevin could be a great player this year... or his injury could shut him down. He's a great guy to have on the bench in case he's healthy, but he's too much of a risk to have him be your starter.

As for your RP's, Donnelly is not likely to be much of a factor for the first few months at least, and Izzy always seems to get banged up at some point during the season. If you can, try to pick up another closer to replace Donnelly, or at the very least, upgrade over Izzy.

Jay Payton? Nothing special. Keep him if you have a soft spot for him or if you really think he'll do something special this year, but otherwise I'm sure you'll find someone better in the free agent pool. See if you can find a speedster, that's the one category that I really see you lacking on the offensive end. I sincerely doubt that Derek Lee will swipe 20 again, and even if he DOES, do you really want your 1B and your backup IF to be your best sources of SB's? If you can't trade for a Pierre or Crawford, see if you can get Alex Sanchez, Kenny Lofton, or someone else to give you some SB's. Ideally, try to get two speedsters, because unless the one guy you have pulls a Henderson or Coleman and swipes 80+, you're not going to do much with just one SB threat. You've got a ton of power and starting pitching to offer, so it shouldn't be too hard.
"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Looks pretty good

Postby rg_baseball » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:37 pm

Your team looks really good but i dont know why you have matsui on the bench. I do think you need to look to improve your pitching but other than that you look pretty good.
rg_baseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Entropy! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:59 pm

I'm guessing that since he listed the positions as "LF, CF, RF" instead of simply calling them all "OF" means that his league is keeping them seperate. So unless Matsui qualifies at RF, then there's no way he starts over Bonds.
"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ngub1 2 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:46 pm

thanks for the suggestions guys. i thought my pitching was pretty good. but i will consider what u guys said.
any other suggestions?
ngub1 2

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team