Bruce or Kinsler? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Bruce or Kinsler? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bruce or Kinsler? WHIR

Postby thatguysound » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Trying to decide between Bruce or Kinsler. Numbers project to be roughly the same - Kinsler obviously has way more SB's, but Bruce is younger and less of an injury risk. Any thoughts on which one I should take? Gotta make my choice soon! Thanks!
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bruce or Kinsler? WHIR

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Depends on your league and what else is available at 2b. You can't go wrong either way really. I like Bruce better myself simple because Kinsler has a history of getting hurt.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby kaiser » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:45 pm

I take Bruce here. More power.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby da bears » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:46 pm

I go with Kinsler here. His counting stats will be plenty higher and there's room for his BA to head back up near .280 range instead of .250. Even with the injury risk, there's much less risk of getting a .260-30-75-80 from an OF like you could from Bruce at that slot, the position Kinsler plays softens the blow.

viewtopic.php?t=442200
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatguysound » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Lol... so one Bruce, one Kinsler, and one "it depends"? I love the decisiveness!

I should have given more info on the league...

H2H keeper league - my keepers are J. Upton, Tulo, Kershaw, and Longoria. Standard 5x5 categories, plus TB, OBP, SLG on the offensive side. Not a lot of 2B kept, obviously - Cano, Pedroia, and Utley (because the guy is a huge Philly fan). Panda is also available as an option, as is Lincecum and Weaver. I'm more likely to pass on the pitchers for my first round pick, though.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:58 pm

I would take Bruce. He gives you more power, and I really think this could be the year for him to break out.

Help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=442183

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatguysound » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:34 am

No love for Kinsler's 30 SB's? Just double checking...
As of 8/4/13
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mikekim2121 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:08 am

I dont know what I'm missing here but I think its pretty easily Kinsler, and that's coming from a non Kinsler fan. If they put up even close to the same numbers, Kinsler's value will blow Bruce out of the water considering you are talking about one of the easiest positions to fill to one of the hardest ones (after SS and C)
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:16 am

mikekim2121 wrote:I dont know what I'm missing here but I think its pretty easily Kinsler, and that's coming from a non Kinsler fan. If they put up even close to the same numbers, Kinsler's value will blow Bruce out of the water considering you are talking about one of the easiest positions to fill to one of the hardest ones (after SS and C)

That depends on your league. if you are in a 10+ team mixed league with no MI and play 5 OFs it is not that clear cut. Many teams scrounge for decent fourth and 5th OF types. The 7-10th ranked 2bs are guys like Cuddyer, Kendrick, Phillips, Weeks, Ackley depending on how you want to rank them which is on par with the same 5th OF types. A league only needs to roster 10 2bs in this setup...it needs to roster 50 OFs. Add in a Util which is often filled with OF and 1B types far more so than MI types and it becomes even more dodgy as the OF pool is drawn down further.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby mikekim2121 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:
That depends on your league. if you are in a 10+ team mixed league with no MI and play 5 OFs it is not that clear cut.

That's a ridiculous example since he never mentioned his league settings. If you have 5 OF's, you probably have either 2 2b or an MI spot. It'd be like me saying the value would change if it was a 2 2b league but only 2 OF's. I'm not saying its impossible but its highly unlikely.

Since he didn't mention the league settings, I'm assuming its a 3 OF 1 2b league or a 5 OF with an MI league.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions