sleeper setup men? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

sleeper setup men?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: sleeper setup men?

Postby Jase44 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:48 pm

metsfan0705 wrote:ive cut it down to broxton holland or chapman. who should i go with of the three for holds? (remember i have marshal so that could put the decision more in favor of chapman)

I agree, these are probably some of the best arms out there but the KC situation looks like they might split which does you no good and as of this point Chapman could be a starter OR closer OR mid relief but nothing set in stone.

I was being a bit facetious when saying take both Broxton and Holland but you really should look at other setup guys than the ones you have pointed out because there is too many question marks with these teams right now
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby metsfan0705 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Element wrote:
Jase44 wrote:what about dropping Marshall and adding Broxton and Holland. then no matter who is in what seat you will get both stats.

I would not advise doing this.

It sounds like you have a lot of good options available right now. Who would you be dropping for one of these guys?

i actually just made an impressive 2 for three trade (my lincecum gavin floyd and colby lewis for his cc sabathia and daniel hudson) so i have a free roster spot. i think im going to pick one of these setup men up then try to swing one of my closers in a deal for a starter. i currently have kimbrel street farnsworth and now with marshall i have one more closer than i need to lock up that saves category each week
metsfan0705
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby metsfan0705 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Jase44 wrote:
metsfan0705 wrote:ive cut it down to broxton holland or chapman. who should i go with of the three for holds? (remember i have marshal so that could put the decision more in favor of chapman)

I agree, these are probably some of the best arms out there but the KC situation looks like they might split which does you no good and as of this point Chapman could be a starter OR closer OR mid relief but nothing set in stone.

I was being a bit facetious when saying take both Broxton and Holland but you really should look at other setup guys than the ones you have pointed out because there is too many question marks with these teams right now

yah im keeping all options open ive still got a week until the season starts so i may wait and see what happens with these guys but all options are open as of now and all advice is welcome :)
metsfan0705
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jase44 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

metsfan0705 wrote:
Jase44 wrote:

yah im keeping all options open ive still got a week until the season starts so i may wait and see what happens with these guys but all options are open as of now and all advice is welcome :)

Watch Chapman closely, he is showing some wicked stuff this spring
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 71)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 am

Chapman is available I'd take him or Medlen over Street who will bomb out.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1931)

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:14 am

MadDog36 wrote:Chapman is available I'd take him or Medlen over Street who will bomb out.

Why will Street bomb?
No better place for a fly ball pitcher then Petco.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions