Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:03 pm

thatguysound wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:So if I offered Rickie Weeks for Yu Darvish straight up do you think that would be a fair trade for both teams?


Right now? No.

I think there are three ways that deal happens:

1. Weeks gets off to a hot start, Darvish struggles a ton, and the other guy decides he desperately needs a 2B.

2. You send someone to his home and threaten his family unless he makes the deal. And really, if you're going that route, why stop at Darvish?

3. I lied. There are only two ways it happens. :-)

I'd try Weeks and Tim Hudson for Darvish and anyone. But I don't think there's any chance you can pull off a 1-for-1 deal unless one of the above situations happens.

So what SP do you think I should target with Rickie Weeks? I think offensive players are more valuable then SP's, thats why I am valuing Rickie so high right now.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby thatguysound » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Hard to give you a specific name, since I think your better bet is targeting a team who needs 2B help and seeing who they have.

I'm not especially high on Weeks, so I might not be the most objective about his value. But I think a healthy Weeks is probably worth a 3-4 SP. I just don't trust him to put up 500 AB's, which means his value drops considerably IMO.

In a complete vacuum, I'd do Weeks for Garza, but not much more than that. Like I said, it all depends on the other team.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 227
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:44 pm

thatguysound wrote:Hard to give you a specific name, since I think your better bet is targeting a team who needs 2B help and seeing who they have.

I'm not especially high on Weeks, so I might not be the most objective about his value. But I think a healthy Weeks is probably worth a 3-4 SP. I just don't trust him to put up 500 AB's, which means his value drops considerably IMO.

In a complete vacuum, I'd do Weeks for Garza, but not much more than that. Like I said, it all depends on the other team.

Here are 3 teams that I am targeting that IMO could use a 2B.

Team A:
C J.P. Arencibia (Tor - C)
1B Paul Goldschmidt (Ari - 1B)
2B Michael Young (Tex - 1B,2B,3B)
3B David Wright (NYM - 3B)
SS J.J. Hardy (Bal - SS)
OF Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)
OF Justin Upton (Ari - OF)
OF Shane Victorino (Phi - OF)
Util Carlos Beltran (StL - OF)
SP Tim Lincecum (SF - SP)
SP Dan Haren (LAA - SP)
RP Andrew Bailey (Bos - RP)
RP Rafael Betancourt (Col - RP)
P David Price (TB - SP)
P Ian Kennedy (Ari - SP)
P Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
BN Kendrys Morales (LAA - 1B,OF)
BN Peter Bourjos (LAA - OF)
BN Jeff Francoeur (KC - OF)
BN Yunel Escobar (Tor - SS)
BN Jhoulys Chacin (Col - SP)

Team B:
C Brian McCann (Atl - C)
1B Albert Pujols (LAA - 1B)
2B Ryan Roberts (Ari - 2B,3B)
3B David Freese (StL - 3B)
SS Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
OF Giancarlo Stanton (Mia - OF)
OF Hunter Pence (Phi - OF)
OF Michael Bourn (Atl - OF)
Util Mark Teixeira (NYY - 1B)
SP Yu Darvish (Tex - SP)
SP Tommy Hanson (Atl - SP)
RP Heath Bell (Mia - RP)
RP Cory Luebke (SD - SP,RP)
P Carlos Marmol (ChC - RP)
P Jeremy Hellickson (TB - SP)
P Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)
BN Andre Ethier (LAD - OF)
BN Alex Rios (CWS - OF)
BN Jair Jurrjens (Atl - SP)
BN Vance Worley (Phi - SP)
BN Matt Capps (Min - RP)


Team C:
C Geovany Soto (ChC - C)
1B Michael Cuddyer (Col - 1B,2B,OF)
2B Jemile Weeks (Oak - 2B)
3B Martin Prado (Atl - 3B,OF)
SS Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)
OF Curtis Granderson (NYY - OF)
OF Jay Bruce (Cin - OF)
OF Drew Stubbs (Cin - OF)
Util Ryan Howard (Phi - 1B)
SP Clayton Kershaw (LAD - SP)
SP Jered Weaver (LAA - SP)
RP Craig Kimbrel (Atl - RP)
RP Jonathan Papelbon (Phi - RP)
P Zack Greinke (Mil - SP)
P Brandon Beachy (Atl - SP)
P Jordan Zimmermann (Was - SP)
BN Jayson Werth (Was - OF)
BN Nick Markakis (Bal - OF)
BN Adam Lind (Tor - 1B)
BN Dexter Fowler (Col - OF)



And this team could possibly use a 2B if Utley is out an extended period of time:


Team D:
C Matt Wieters (Bal - C)
1B Joey Votto (Cin - 1B)
2B Chase Utley (Phi - 2B)
3B Alex Rodriguez (NYY - 3B)
SS Elvis Andrus (Tex - SS)
OF Carlos Gonzalez (Col - OF)
OF Lance Berkman (StL - 1B,OF)
OF Brett Gardner (NYY - OF)
Util Billy Butler (KC - 1B)
SP Cliff Lee (Phi - SP)
SP Cole Hamels (Phi - SP)
RP Jose Valverde (Det - RP)
RP Alfredo Aceves (Bos - SP,RP)
P Stephen Strasburg (Was - SP)
P Mat Latos (Cin - SP)
P Jaime Garcia (StL - SP)
BN Logan Morrison (Mia - OF)
BN Nick Swisher (NYY - 1B,OF)
BN Alexei Ramirez (CWS - SS)
BN Jhonny Peralta (Det - SS)
BN Ryan Dempster (ChC - SP)
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby thatguysound » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:04 pm

I would think Team B is the one most likely to want to upgrade their 2B situation. Young is still valuable until he proves otherwise, and whoever drafted J. Weeks is probably hoping to see what he can do before making up his mind.

I'd back off of Darvish from team B, but if you could talk him into Luebke for Weeks+, I think you'd be happy.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 227
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:28 pm

thatguysound wrote:I would think Team B is the one most likely to want to upgrade their 2B situation. Young is still valuable until he proves otherwise, and whoever drafted J. Weeks is probably hoping to see what he can do before making up his mind.

I'd back off of Darvish from team B, but if you could talk him into Luebke for Weeks+, I think you'd be happy.

This is an amateur league, and Jemile was autodrafted by Team C. Team C doesnt really have much to offer me though besides Beachy and Greinke. I doubt he'll trade Weaver or Kershaw.

So you think I should offer Weeks for Luebke straight up? Or I need to throw something in to make it fair? What about Jeter and Weeks for Castro and Luebke, do you think that is fair?
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby thatguysound » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:52 pm

ATLbraves wrote:
thatguysound wrote:I would think Team B is the one most likely to want to upgrade their 2B situation. Young is still valuable until he proves otherwise, and whoever drafted J. Weeks is probably hoping to see what he can do before making up his mind.

I'd back off of Darvish from team B, but if you could talk him into Luebke for Weeks+, I think you'd be happy.

This is an amateur league, and Jemile was autodrafted by Team C. Team C doesnt really have much to offer me though besides Beachy and Greinke. I doubt he'll trade Weaver or Kershaw.

So you think I should offer Weeks for Luebke straight up? Or I need to throw something in to make it fair? What about Jeter and Weeks for Castro and Luebke, do you think that is fair?


If you want to do a straight up 1-for-1 swap, I think you have a chance at Weeks for Luebke or Beachy. How great a chance, I'm not sure, but I believe in either of those pitchers more than I believe in Rickie Weeks - so even if you had to toss in another player (Freeman, Young), I think it would be worth it.

You could ask for the Jeter/Castro swap, in the hopes that Castro's manager either doesn't know much about Castro, or is easily swayed by Jeter's name. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The more I look at your team, the more I wonder if you shouldn't be trying for a slightly different kind of deal:

You could offer Beltre+Weeks+Jeter+ for his Stanton+Castro+Luebke. He needs a 3B pretty bad, arguably even worse than a 2B. If he likes Weeks, maybe he bites. He'll probably balk at Stanton, which means you can offer to sub Kendrick for Weeks on your side, and/or Pence for Stanton on his side. It's a stretch, but it addresses weaknesses for both teams - which makes it more likely to happen. And if you had to "settle" on Beltre+Kendrick+Jeter for Pence+Castro+Luebke, I'd still make that deal.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 227
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:32 pm

thatguysound wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:
thatguysound wrote:
The more I look at your team, the more I wonder if you shouldn't be trying for a slightly different kind of deal:

You could offer Beltre+Weeks+Jeter+ for his Stanton+Castro+Luebke. He needs a 3B pretty bad, arguably even worse than a 2B. If he likes Weeks, maybe he bites. He'll probably balk at Stanton, which means you can offer to sub Kendrick for Weeks on your side, and/or Pence for Stanton on his side. It's a stretch, but it addresses weaknesses for both teams - which makes it more likely to happen. And if you had to "settle" on Beltre+Kendrick+Jeter for Pence+Castro+Luebke, I'd still make that deal.


I like that trade as well. I am going to send it and see what they respond with. If it doesnt work out I will just try and get a 1 for 1 trade Weeks for Beachy.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 123inningplz and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact