Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR 100%

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Should I trade Rickie Weeks and Yadier Molina for Mat Latos and Matt Weiters? I only have Rickie b/c he dropped to the 16th round for some reason so I couldn't pass up that value.

Or should I trade Rickie Weeks and Derek Jeter for Starlin Castro and Tommy Hanson or Yu Darvish? Leaning towards Hanson. Not sure if this trade is fair or not though, what do y'all think?

My Roster -

C - Yadier Molina
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Dan Uggla
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Derek Jeter
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Alex Gordon
OF - Howie Kendrick
UTIL - Adrian Beltre
BN - Chris Young
BN - Freddie Freeman
BN - Rickie Weeks
BN - Mark Trumbo

SP - Matt Cain
SP - James Shields
SP - Daniel Hudson
SP - Tim Hudson
SP - Max Scherzer
RP - Brandon League
RP - Drew Storen
RP - Brian Wilson

WHIR just leave a link

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade my Weeks/Molina for Latos/Weiters? WHIR

Postby MrT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:07 pm

IMO you are coming out ahead on wither trade. But I prefer Rickie Weeks and Derek Jeter for Starlin Castro and Tommy Hanson. Jeter is the worst player in the mix.
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

I have to agree that either trade is a win for you.

I would lean to the first one though, just because Hanson's health issues scare me. I would make one of those deals happen though ;-D

See mine? viewtopic.php?t=442186
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 pm

bump

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatguysound » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:13 am

I'm just curious... are you thinking about making those offers? Or have they already been offered to you?

I agree with the other posters above - you win either trade, IMO.

If you have the choice, I like the Weeks/Jeter for Castro/Darvish or Hanson (either one) deal better. I'd be incredibly surprised if the combo of Weeks and either Jeter or Molina would have that much trade value, though. I know in my keeper league, a package of Weeks and Jeter would probably get me a good #3 SP, maybe a #3 OF if I found someone who was REALLY desperate for MI help.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:35 am

thatguysound wrote:I'm just curious... are you thinking about making those offers? Or have they already been offered to you?

If you have the choice, I like the Weeks/Jeter for Castro/Darvish or Hanson (either one) deal better. I'd be incredibly surprised if the combo of Weeks and either Jeter or Molina would have that much trade value, though. I know in my keeper league, a package of Weeks and Jeter would probably get me a good #3 SP, maybe a #3 OF if I found someone who was REALLY desperate for MI help.

I'm offering the trades. That's why I was curious if you thought these offers were fair and if I needed to give more or not.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatguysound » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:45 am

ATLbraves wrote:
thatguysound wrote:I'm just curious... are you thinking about making those offers? Or have they already been offered to you?

I'm offering the trades. That's why I was curious if you thought these offers were fair and if I needed to give more or not.

Ahh... gotcha. If you're offering the trades, I'd lower your expectations a bit. If you're offering Weeks and Jeter, you might be able to get one of Castro, Darvish, or Hanson - but I'd be shocked if you could get two of them. Might just be me and my league (my keeper league is notoriously gun-shy about injury prone and aging players). With that in mind, my guess is that the Weeks/Molina deal has a better chance at happening, but only if the other manager is down on Latos and Weiters. Maybe ask for a lesser P instead of Latos if you really believe in Weiters this year?

It's going to be a tough deal to pull off, IMO. In a 4-man trade, it should basically be one team getting 1 and 4, and the other team getting 2 and 3, in order for it to be fair. In both these ideas, I think you're giving up 3 and 4 and asking for 1 and 2.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:06 am

I think your are asking a bit much. I agree...try to lower the return a bit if you really feel you need ot make a deal.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 761)

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 am

So if I offered Rickie Weeks for Yu Darvish straight up do you think that would be a fair trade for both teams?

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatguysound » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:05 pm

ATLbraves wrote:So if I offered Rickie Weeks for Yu Darvish straight up do you think that would be a fair trade for both teams?

Right now? No.

I think there are three ways that deal happens:

1. Weeks gets off to a hot start, Darvish struggles a ton, and the other guy decides he desperately needs a 2B.

2. You send someone to his home and threaten his family unless he makes the deal. And really, if you're going that route, why stop at Darvish?

3. I lied. There are only two ways it happens. :-)

I'd try Weeks and Tim Hudson for Darvish and anyone. But I don't think there's any chance you can pull off a 1-for-1 deal unless one of the above situations happens.
As of 8/4/13
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions