Trayvon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Trayvon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trayvon

Postby wrveres » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:58 am

Im pretty sure that most people have heard about this case in Florida. it was pushed pretty heavily by Anderson Cooper on CNN for weeks, and then the rest of the media picked it up. Now it's reached the president and the famous opportunists like Al Sharlaton are showing up demanding the shooter be locked up.

To be honest, everytime I see Anderson Cooper showing mug shots of the shooter and baby pictures of the victim, demanding justice, and working overtime to claim race was the reason behind the shooting, I can't help but think of the Duke lacrosse case.

Here's my logic.
The shooter had a broken nose and a huge cut to the back of his skull. Apparently this was common knowledge for weeks, but for some reason CNN and their minions left this information out of their reporting. Obviously there was some sort of scuffle between the two, but that's not the way it's bieng reported.

The shooter was also very active in his church, and even participated in a mentorship program where he was a big brother type figure to, wait for it, African American boys. No joke.

On top of that, obviously every law enforcement type east of the Mississippi, all the way up to the justice department now, has looked at the facts of the case by now, and nothing. No charges, no arrests, nada. They are convening a grand jury to look for charges that 99.9 % of the time wouldn't need a grand jury.

I just can't help but thinking this ends badly. And not for the shooter. Someone else is going to get hurt. I'm not sure who of course, but it is just a gut feeling.

I hope I'm wrong.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trayvon

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 am

wrveres wrote:The shooter was also very active in his church,

And? That doesn't prove anything :-°

Next you'll tell us that he got out lots of library books and grew turnips ;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby wrveres » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:20 am

The original news account and a breakdown of the police report …

orginal news report
notice the mom claims he was just sitting on the porch.

arrest report with link

There were eyewitnesses to the fight …

This is going to end badly.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:30 am

More mis-information I've heard on CNN.

They claimed that the child sat in the morgue for three days before the parents were contacted. The dates of the news story contradict that as the reporter had already spoken to the mom about 15 hours after the incident and filed a story within 24 hours.

I've also heard CNN claim a number of times that Zimmerman took the gun with him. Also not true. The police took the gun in with them as evidence.

This is all quite schocking. Why would CNN purposely leave out facts, and turn this into a race thing
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 pm

I thought Trayvon was abducted by Kony cause its all the same people getting 'outraged' (see: retweeting) about it as were two weeks ago.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I thought Trayvon was abducted by Kony cause its all the same people getting 'outraged' (see: retweeting) about it as were two weeks ago.

it's just people who want to feel good about themselves for "doing something good" without actually having to do anything.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby wrveres » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 am

Well by Monday the whole news cycle will switch to the supremes and obamacare, so hopefully that will tamper down some of the rhetoric.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Racism or not, the kid had no weapon. The neighborhood watch guy had no reason to suspect him of anything. He had no reason to stop him. He had no reason to follow him (and was told not to by the police). He certainly had no right to shoot him.

The guy should absolutely be arrested. Is he guilty of murder or even a crime? I have no idea. But he killed an unarmed person. That he wasn't detained is ridiculous.

The fact that Zimmerman was injured does not reflect poorly on Robinson. Zimmerman was chasing him down. Put yourself in Robinson's shoes, you are going to "stand your ground" if someone is coming after you and fight back
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Tavish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:59 pm

wrveres wrote:Stuff about the media being sensational

You don't say? Luckily in this case it was CNN, and pretty much everyone knows by now they are a bunch of rambling morons. People know by now not to turn to CNN for real news when they can get the straight story from all of the other networks or from the internet.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Racism or not, the kid had no weapon. The neighborhood watch guy had no reason to suspect him of anything. He had no reason to stop him. He had no reason to follow him (and was told not to by the police). He certainly had no right to shoot him.

The guy should absolutely be arrested. Is he guilty of murder or even a crime? I have no idea. But he killed an unarmed person. That he wasn't detained is ridiculous.

The fact that Zimmerman was injured does not reflect poorly on Robinson. Zimmerman was chasing him down. Put yourself in Robinson's shoes, you are going to "stand your ground" if someone is coming after you and fight back

This. Man follows and chases down unarmed teenager after 911 tells him not to and the result is the teenager being shot. How is this defendable?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 382)

Next

Return to General Talk