Roto500 AL only league needs 1- Draft Sat 4/7 730p - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Roto500 AL only league needs 1- Draft Sat 4/7 730p

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roto500 AL only league needs 1- Draft Sat 4/7 730p

Postby PDHitman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 pm

We tried the new Roto500 format that Ron Shandler wrote about last year and some loved it, others hated it, so we have 2 openings in our AL only league. Below are the rules and we will have a 'player disbursement' draft for the 2 new owners to make up your team initially. Please email me with any issues and questions.

Paul

Roto 400 Rookies AL Only Baseball League Constitution 1.4

I. Objective
a. Goal
i. The goal of the league is to provide a competitive, yet fair, playing ground for advanced fantasy baseball players who wish to play year after year.
b. League Website
i. Website Server
1. CBSSportsline.com will manage the league.
ii. Website Address and Password
1. CBS Sports hosts the web address and each owner will have their own password.
II. Teams
a. Number of Teams
i. There will be ten (10) teams in the league.
b. Team Ownership
i. More than one person can own each team, but no one person may own more than one team in the league.
III. Draft
a. Auction Draft
i. The online auction draft will take place on the final Sunday prior to the start of the regular season at a time that is most accommodating to all owners.
ii. Players will have assigned values based on their previous two years statistical output. The values will be averaged and rounded up. We will use the values on the baseballhq website. Players who appeared in a MLB game but still retain their MLB rookie status will have a value of $10. Players who have appeared in a MLB game, are not rookie eligible, and are not listed, are $1.
iii. Position eligibility is determined as follows-5G in season, 20G previous season for batters. Starters with 5GS last year or 2GS this year, RP w/ 10 non-starting appearances last year or 4 non-starting appearances this year.
iv. Owners will have thirty seconds to nominate a player at the assigned value. If no one else uses a “bid up” for the player within twenty seconds, the auction for that player will end and the nominating owner will have him added to the roster.
v. When a player is nominated, it is possible for another owner to “bid up” in an attempt to purchase that player above list price. Any owner can initiate such an auction by simply announcing a higher bid once that player is selected. At that point, it becomes an open auction for that player. High bid wins that player and the final bid becomes the player's new list price for the season. Each owner has six “bid ups” in total for the entire draft and each bid submitted uses a “bid up”.
vi. However, after the final bid is placed, the original owner has one last chance to retain rights to that player. He has the option of placing a final "topper bid" of an additional $1 to purchase that player. Each owner can purchase a maximum of three players in this fashion. During any draft, there would be a maximum of 60 players auctioned off to a dollar amount above list price. If an owner opts to exercise a topper bid, that constitutes one of his three permissible purchases above list price.
vii. Each owner will have $375 to build his or her 30 man major league roster and bid/pick up all free agents during the season. There is no trading of FAAB monies and you cannot spend more than $375 on drafting your team and picking up free agents during the season.
viii. The FAAB is determined by the monies left over post MLB draft.
ix. Inaugural nominating draft order will be determined randomly by CBSSportsline and continue in a serpentine fashion for a total of 30 rounds.
IV. Rosters
a. Major League Roster
i. 30 Players
1. Starting Lineup Setup
a. Each starting lineup must be setup by each owner daily. If no changes are made, the previous days lineup will be used. If you lineup is illegal, you will get zero points for that days games.
2. Starting Lineup
a. 2 Catcher
b. 1 First Baseman
c. 1 Second Baseman
d. 1 Shortstop
e. 1 Third Baseman
f. 5 Outfielders
g. 1 Corner Infield (1B/3B) Player
h. 1 Middle Infield (SS/2B) Player
i. 1 DH (any hitter)
j. 5 Starting Pitchers
k. 4 Relief Pitchers
l. 7 Bench Players
3. Disabled List
a. Players on the DL will not count towards your teams 30 roster spots. Once they are eligible to come off of the DL, you must either move them to your 30 man roster or release them. If a player remains on your DL for longer than a week when they are no longer on the MLB DL, they will be released automatically.
b. Only players on the DL in real-life are eligible to be put on this list.
c. CBSSportsline.com will determine whether players are eligible for the DL spot.
4. Contracts/Keeper Status
a. Following the inaugural draft, each player will be contracted for one year at his draft value.
b. Owners wishing to keep those players in subsequent years may sign those players to the following extension:
i. 1 Year Extension: The owner may resign up to five players (not including minors) the player at his current value plus $5. The owner will be able to sign the player to an extension following the next season as well. There is no limit to how many times a player may be resigned for $5 above current contract.
ii. These extensions are due March 1 for the upcoming season.
b. Minor League Roster
i. In addition to the Major League Roster above, there will be a Minor League Roster of 5 prospects (filling out a 35-man roster including the MLB roster).
ii. Prospect Draft
1. Each year, after the MLB draft, there will be an offline list draft of prospects. The Commissioner will manually add your prospects (those available on CBSSportsline) to your roster. Each year, owners may only draft prospects until they reach the 5 player maximum.
2. The commissioner will email out a password protected list of his prospect list prior to the submission of other owners lists. The password will be provided to the league after the draft so the commissioner’s list can be opened and viewed by other team owners.
3. Draft order will be determined by inverse of previous year’s standings with last place going first.
4. Future year draft picks are tradable, however keep in mind that if an owner already has 5 prospects, he cannot use the draft pick.
5. You may have up to 10 prospects on your roster in season but they can only be added via trade. When you submit your keeper roster for the following year, you can only have 5 prospects.
iii. Prospects are defined as:
1. Pitchers with less than 10 career starts or 50 career innings.
2. Players with less than 150 career plate appearances.
iv. Prospect status:
1. Each drafted prospect pitcher retains their status as a prospect until they reach 40 appearances or 150 innings pitched.
2. Each drafted prospect player retains their status as a prospect until they reach 400 career plate appearances.
3. A prospect changes status during the offseason.
v. Prospect Contracts/Keeper Status
1. Prospects can remain with your team, year after year, until they lose their prospect status (see above).
a. Prospects do not cost owners any money until they lose their prospect eligibility. Once prospect eligibility is lost, the ex-prospect will be assigned a $10 contract for the following year if kept and does NOT count against the five contract extensions available to the owner. The player can be kept via contract extension (4b(i) above) in subsequent years.
b. A maximum of 5 prospects can be kept from year to year.
c. For each prospect kept, an owner loses their last pick in the upcoming Prospect Draft. If you keep two prospects, you lose (because you do not need) round 4 and 5 picks.
d. IF you traded away picks that you no longer qualify for, the other owner will receive your last qualifying draft spot and you will move a round later. EX- I trade my fourth rd prospect draft slot to owner x and I keep 3 prospects. Owner X will get my second round slot and I will finish with my slot in the third round that year.
vi. Prospect activation
a. You may activate a prospect your MLB roster at any time as long as they are on their teams 25 man MLB roster at the Major League Level and have qualified for a position (20G last year, 5G this year for hitter, 5GS last year 2GS this year for SP, 10 non-starting appearances last year, 4 non starting appearances this year for RP). A subsequent transaction of releasing the replaced player or moving them to the reserve roster and releasing a reservist, is necessary.
b. A prospect can be placed back onto the minor league roster without consequence at any time as long as they still have prospect status.(see III b iv)
c. Prospects have a salary of $0 until the year following their loss of prospect status.
V. Scoring
a. Roto Points Structure
i. Points are accumulated through the statistics of your 23 active MLB players. Points Table:
1. Offensive Players
a. On Base Average (Batting Ave + Walk Ave)
b. Runs Created (R+RBI-HR)
c. Homeruns
d. Stolen Bases
2. Pitchers
a. Wins
b. Strikeouts
c. (Saves + Holds)- Blown Saves
d. ERA
3. Points are awarded and totaled based on your active rosters performance. Ten points for ranking first in a category and one point for last. Each statistical category total is added together for a total team score which determines final ranking.
4. In the case of a year end tie, OBA then Wins then HRs then coin flip will determine final standing.
VI. Transactions
a. Trades
i. July 31st is the trade deadline. After this date you may only trade with owners two spots above or below you in the standings.
ii. All trades will be open to league scrutiny. If four or more owners object, the commissioner will review for possible veto. The commissioners ruling is final and players joining this league must agree to that principle. If the commissioner is involved in the trade or is in a position of conflict (in the running for league title, etc), a final league polling, minus the involved parties, will take place with majority ruling.
iii. The $375 is not a salary cap, so it is possible that an owner trades top flight prospect(s) for productive, and possibly expensive MLB player(s). The $375 is the budgeted limit for each owner to fill out their 30 MLB roster spots and pick up free agents during the season.
b. Free Agency
i. The league will use a FAAB waiver structure. Each player has $375 to draft the 30 player roster and manage in season FAAB transactions. Example- you spend $265 to fill out the 26 man roster, you have $110 to bid on and acquire free agents during the season.
ii. Players must meet position eligibility requirements in the current year to be added via FAAB.
iii. FAAB dollars can only be spent in season.
iv. If your player is traded to the NL in season, they will still accumulate statistics for your team.
v. Players being traded to the AL or signed during the season (April 1 to end of MLB season) are eligible to be picked up via FAAB process.(excluding amateurs)
vi. Following the season, any players received through in-season free agency will keep their FAAB salary and be eligible for extension if the owner chooses to resign the player for the subsequent season.
vii. Players released will be held for 3 days before being eligible to be auctioned off.
viii. Owners are not eligible to bid on their released players for the initial free agent auction. If the player goes unclaimed, the releasing owner can then reacquire the player via FAAB.
ix. If you run out of FAAB dollars, you will not be able to bid on or pick up any free agents.
VII. Dues/Prize Payouts
a. $75 per year
i. Dues are payable to the commissioner via Paypal or personal check/ money order. All payouts are issued to league winner and runners up within two (2) days following the World Series.
ii. Dues must be paid no later than three (14) days prior to the scheduled MLB draft each year. This enables the commissioner to find suitable replacements before the draft.
b. Payouts:
i. First Place: $250
ii. Second Place: $90
iii. Third Place: $40
iv. Most Improved from All-Star Break: Next Year Free

pcdawson2@yahoo.com if interested
Last edited by PDHitman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PDHitman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Second Year Roto500 AL only league needs 3 owners

Postby PDHitman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:22 pm

bump
PDHitman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)