Adding Yahoo "expansion teams" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Adding Yahoo "expansion teams"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adding Yahoo "expansion teams"

Postby Montana168 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Been searching the internet and commish tools for a way to do this but doesn't seem to be possible.

Have an established 10 team dynasty league in its 4th or 5th year, and we are looking to add 2 teams to make it a 12 team league, and those 2 teams would build their entire roster off waiver wire players. But the problem is the league is already set up for this year, and all the rosters set, and teams locked in. Is there a way to add these 2 teams to make it a 12 team league or would we have to wait until next year when we reset up the league??

Thanks in advance.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adding Yahoo "expansion teams"

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Montana168 wrote:Been searching the internet and commish tools for a way to do this but doesn't seem to be possible.

Have an established 10 team dynasty league in its 4th or 5th year, and we are looking to add 2 teams to make it a 12 team league, and those 2 teams would build their entire roster off waiver wire players. But the problem is the league is already set up for this year, and all the rosters set, and teams locked in. Is there a way to add these 2 teams to make it a 12 team league or would we have to wait until next year when we reset up the league??

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you are looking to do exactly; do you want to add two teams post-draft, and have those teams not draft?

If so, I don't think we have any way to do that. I might be able to do it for you, but I'd really have to think a bit to figure out if I could do it safely. I'd hate to do it and have it make a mess out of your league. If that isn't what you want, can you clarify further what it is you do want?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Montana168 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Montana168 wrote:Been searching the internet and commish tools for a way to do this but doesn't seem to be possible.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you are looking to do exactly; do you want to add two teams post-draft, and have those teams not draft?

If so, I don't think we have any way to do that. I might be able to do it for you, but I'd really have to think a bit to figure out if I could do it safely. I'd hate to do it and have it make a mess out of your league. If that isn't what you want, can you clarify further what it is you do want?

Yup, thats exactly what we're looking to do. Its post draft, all 10 teams have their rosters. However, myself and another league-mate took a year off from fantasy sports to focus on school, but there aren't any open/vacant spots to get back in, so we proposed to the commish about expanding to a 12 team league and myself and the other manager are going to pluck 30 guys off the waiver wire and build a team that way (seems difficult, but definitely can be done).

However, as you said, we can't seem to find way to do it since the commish already hit the 'finalize team list' button in the commish tools, obviously, which bars adding teams to the leagues because those are set at pre-draft only options.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Montana168 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yup, thats exactly what we're looking to do. Its post draft, all 10 teams have their rosters. However, myself and another league-mate took a year off from fantasy sports to focus on school, but there aren't any open/vacant spots to get back in, so we proposed to the commish about expanding to a 12 team league and myself and the other manager are going to pluck 30 guys off the waiver wire and build a team that way (seems difficult, but definitely can be done).

However, as you said, we can't seem to find way to do it since the commish already hit the 'finalize team list' button in the commish tools, obviously, which bars adding teams to the leagues because those are set at pre-draft only options.

Okay. Here is a way you could do it. It is clumsy, but should work.

1) With the original 10 teams in the league, run the live draft so those 10 teams are all set.
2) Have the commish reset the live draft. If you want to be really careful, he can save the draft results first, but when you reset your draft order, we e-mail the old draft results to the commish
3) Have the commish un-finalize the team list
4) Have the commish increase the max teams to 12 and invite you two
5) Have you two join
6) Have the commish change to an offline draft
7) Have the commish enter the previous live draft results for the 10 teams. I think when you enter offline draft results he can just leave two teams empty; worst case he could just assign you each a bunch of random undrafted guys and instruct you to drop them, but I think you can just leave them empty.

I think at that point you'll be in the state you want to be in. It is a bit of work for the commish, but I don't know a better way. Good luck - not just with his situation, but with the season if you get it to work. Starting with nothing but waiver wire claims is hardcore.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Return to Commissioner's Corner