Milton Bradley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:04 pm

ashay21 wrote:
stumpak wrote:If Dunn is in the FA pool, it is probably a roto league with a bunch of smart owners--he is cancer to a roto team due to his BA, although he makes sense in H2H.

THe only guy that may be worth droppng Bradley for is Jenkins, but of course Jenkins has a major injury downside, so its a toss-up between his brittle body and Bradley's cukoo clock head.

The other issue is that they are somewhat different players in terms of how they help you--if you need SBs, stick with Bradley.

Yes, this is Roto league with the scoring being:

R H 1B 2B 3B HR RBI SB K E AVG OBP SLG

As you can see, there is a lot of focus on hitting. Dunn will kill me in AVG and K's as well as OBP

BA and K's yeah he'll kill you, but he has a .379 career OBA. Which is good, not bad. And definately won't kill you. And you never know, he might smarten up and learn to hit properly instead of waiting for the perfect pitch and coming out of his shoes trying to hit a homer. He could be awesome, but he could have another year like last year. I'd say it's worth the risk, and he shouldn't be a FA.

And also, for those ignoring him simply because of his BA, Juan Pierre's lack of HR hurts you more than Dunn's bad BA. And Pierre's RBI hurt you almost as much too. Of course Pierre led the league in steals, but I'm just putting it in perspective.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Area51's » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:i wonder how he and LoDuca would get along after last year's tiff...remember?

I do remember that, and wondered that as well. That got pretty heated pretty quick for the guys not facing each other much. Would still like to have him on the Dodgers. Sure beats Dave Roberts/Jolbert Cabrera
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zito is God » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:38 pm

I see him going to Oakland. They have the young pitching in the farm Cleveland wants. I see cleveland having filled their position players because to me every position has young talent (except SS as I don't know who is backing up Vizquell). Texas has no good pitching but might let go Eric Young for him as well.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers