Milton Bradley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: hmmm...

Postby inkubus » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:41 pm

matmat wrote:
stumpak wrote:As he is on my team, I just hope to hell he is not going to the Dodgers or Giants.

Who else needs outfield help and could be a potential destination?

the dodgers do have a pressing outfield need and they certainly have a logjam in starting pitching. I think if he gets traded he will end up here...

who is walker's backup at colorado?

Mark Sweeney?
inkubus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevelabny » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:11 pm

GAH.
although the though of bradley in texas is drool-worthy,
every other indian sleeper just took a tumble in my eyes
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ashay21 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:20 pm

stumpak wrote:If Dunn is in the FA pool, it is probably a roto league with a bunch of smart owners--he is cancer to a roto team due to his BA, although he makes sense in H2H.

THe only guy that may be worth droppng Bradley for is Jenkins, but of course Jenkins has a major injury downside, so its a toss-up between his brittle body and Bradley's cukoo clock head.

The other issue is that they are somewhat different players in terms of how they help you--if you need SBs, stick with Bradley.

Yes, this is Roto league with the scoring being:

R H 1B 2B 3B HR RBI SB K E AVG OBP SLG

As you can see, there is a lot of focus on hitting. Dunn will kill me in AVG and K's as well as OBP
ashay21 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zEli173 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:24 pm

damn it, i have him in my al only league. should i trade him quick? sounds like a good chance he is nl bound.
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:26 pm

Isn't he signed fairly cheap...something like $1.7M for one year. A very good gamble for a bunch of teams. I would not be surprised at all to see the mets make a push for him. He'd fit nicely in Right field. Although, I think they are gearing themselves up for a run at Beltran, after the year, if not during it. Still, Bradley woudl be a nice short term option that could be oved pretty easily if need be.

He seems like a good fit for the Dodgers...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Trax » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:29 pm

bradley to the mets for jae seo makes some sense...give NY a RFer and the Indians another young starter...
Trax
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby flekk17 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:Isn't he signed fairly cheap...something like $1.7M for one year. A very good gamble for a bunch of teams. I would not be surprised at all to see the mets make a push for him. He'd fit nicely in Right field. Although, I think they are gearing themselves up for a run at Beltran, after the year, if not during it. Still, Bradley woudl be a nice short term option that could be oved pretty easily if need be.

He seems like a good fit for the Dodgers...

Bradley is a "moneyball" player -- high OBP. DePodesta was Beane's assistant in Oakland and this will be his first chance to put his stamp on the Dodgers.

As an aside -- It seems that Podesta won't tolerate for long these "all defense" middle infielders -- Izturis and Cora.
Last edited by flekk17 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flekk17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Erboes » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:37 pm

zEli173 wrote:damn it, i have him in my al only league. should i trade him quick? sounds like a good chance he is nl bound.

I would trade him if I could, although if you have a league of on the ball owners you probably won't get much for him.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:49 pm

i wonder how he and LoDuca would get along after last year's tiff...remember?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Nails » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:55 pm

ashay21 wrote:
stumpak wrote:If Dunn is in the FA pool, it is probably a roto league with a bunch of smart owners--he is cancer to a roto team due to his BA, although he makes sense in H2H.

THe only guy that may be worth droppng Bradley for is Jenkins, but of course Jenkins has a major injury downside, so its a toss-up between his brittle body and Bradley's cukoo clock head.

The other issue is that they are somewhat different players in terms of how they help you--if you need SBs, stick with Bradley.

Yes, this is Roto league with the scoring being:

R H 1B 2B 3B HR RBI SB K E AVG OBP SLG

As you can see, there is a lot of focus on hitting. Dunn will kill me in AVG and K's as well as OBP

I will give you AVG and K's, but Dunn will definitely not kill you in OBP...actually that is one category he is good in. If he can somehow get his average up to .260 he will most likely have a OBP of well over .400. He had something like a .371 OBP last year and only had a .215 AVG.
Nails
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers