Kearns losing time with Griffey Back???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kearns losing time with Griffey Back????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kearns losing time with Griffey Back????

Postby Yeaok » Fri May 24, 2002 11:02 pm

Should i just trade this guy or is he gonna have a starting job. Tonite he wasnt in the lineup. IM just wondering whats happening with that
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Chicago » Sat May 25, 2002 3:51 am

Ok, breathe in, now let it out slowly... I watched most of the game on TBS, and the announcers said manager Bob Boone will be rotating 5 players at 4 positions (the 3 OF's and 1st Base). Today, Kearns had his day off. For the first 10 days of his return, Griffey will be going every other day.

So after these 10 days, supposdely Kearns will sit every 4th or 5th day,a s will Dunn and Encarnacion. I think people who own Griffey, Kearns, Dunn, and Encarnacion (and Sean Casey too, I guess) will just have to wait this thing out for the next couple weeks to see how it pans out. I really can't see this 5 player rotation thing going on for long, as it seems it would be a little disrupting to a player's rhythm. Either someone will slump and get benched, Griffey will re-injure himself or won't get fully healthy, or there will be a trade.

Here's my prediction though: Kearns will slump and get benched. No much basis for this. Only that his hitting has cooled down the past two weeks, and other than that, just a hunch. Also, seems too good to be true, all these uber-rookies kicking butt right out of the gate. Someone's got to cool off (or maybe all those 3B rookies who didn't pan out took all the bad karma for the season). I think Encarnacion is in his prime right now, and if given solid playing time, should put up the exact same numbers he's doing right now for the rest of the season.

Regardless of my silly hunch, I'd say stick with Kearns in your starting lineup, but keep a careful watch over the Reds lineup in the upcoming weeks.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers