Opinions on Duda vs Gamel - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Opinions on Duda vs Gamel

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Opinions on Duda vs Gamel

Postby bigoz89 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:11 pm

I can pick up either of these players, I don't have any particular needs but it seems like these 2 are constantly being talked about as sleepers. Who would you pick and why?
bigoz89
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Opinions on Duda vs Gamel

Postby mpieco » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Duda. Reason--we've already seen it from him.

The fences were brought in. The Mets need a power hitter in the middle of their lineup. Wright is hurting. Davis is a great contact-hitter, but his power disappears for long periods of time. Duda is their man. He's going to bat 5th the whole year, smack 25 and drive in 80. He can draw walks pretty well (good sign), and his average won't submarine you.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Element » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:26 pm

If I have a bench spot that I can use toward a true boom or bust pick .... I would go with Gamel over Duda. I like both guys and target both in the latter rounds, but Gamel has 30+ HR power & his K% and BB% have been improving. Better lineup & ballpark as well.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby Quackman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 pm

bigoz89 wrote:I can pick up either of these players, I don't have any particular needs but it seems like these 2 are constantly being talked about as sleepers. Who would you pick and why?

going along with what was said above, Gamel is totally unproven. He seems to fail the second he gets called up. In the minors though he has been a monster, with monster type numbers. Because Prince Feilder is traded from first, Gamel has his shot and he has a position locked up for the first time. I would agree with the above that Duda is the safer of the two but Gamel has that power upside and he should get the at bats for the first time in his career. Seeing is you can draft him in 20+ rounds he is certainly worth the shot. Id go Gamel. We should know pretty quickly if he pans out.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions