jefferey13 wrote:Honestly I have never played in a league with so many cats, so I don't know how to judge specifcally for that.
But just based on the standard of choosing the "best" players, and my personal opinion:
You went with picks 1 & 2 for Votto/Kershaw. Seems strange. What pick did you have? 9th?
I am not an Uggla believer, and I think Santana is an interesting pickup, since I imagine he came about round 5-6? I like posey 6 rounds latter better.
Ortiz is scary to me. He is so hot and cold, he could hurt you when he has his bad weeks. Plus it's tough when your util can't fill in for anyone else on mon/thursdays or for injuries.
Not a bad team, just wanted to point out some of the things I noticed. Hope you weren't just looking for "awesome job," if you were I can edit my post haha!
Always like good advice, so much appreciated. I drafted 6th out of 10. But I noticed how important it is to have a few stud SPs since a fair amount of the staff must be devoted to RPs to keep certain things like walks, runs and such down. I have no idea why I grabbed KJ at the end. Maybe just as insurance at 2B for lack of a better multi position candidate.
Ken Griffeys Academy
1. (6) Joey Votto (Cin - 1B)
2. (15) Clayton Kershaw (LAD - SP)
3. (26) CC Sabathia (NYY - SP)
4. (35) Carlos Santana (Cle - C,1B)
5. (46) Brett Lawrie (Tor - 3B)
6. (55) Dan Uggla (Atl - 2B)
7. (66) Yovani Gallardo (Mil - SP)
8. (75) Asdrubal Cabrera (Cle - SS)
9. (86) B.J. Upton (TB - CF)
10. (95) Alex Gordon (KC - LF)
11. (106) J.J. Putz (Ari - RP)
12. (115) David Ortiz (Bos - Util)
13. (126) Anibal Sanchez (Mia - SP)
14. (135) Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - RF)
15. (146) Max Scherzer (Det - SP)
16. (155) Sergio Santos (Tor - RP)
17. (166) Kendrys Morales (LAA - 1B,RF)
18. (175) Sergio Romo (SF - RP)
19. (186) Johan Santana (NYM - SP)
20. (195) Greg Holland (KC - RP)
21. (206) Kelly Johnson (Tor - 2B)