Tweaking our keeper rules - need feedback - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Tweaking our keeper rules - need feedback

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tweaking our keeper rules - need feedback

Postby GibandLou » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:48 pm

jefferey13 wrote:I think those changes will be good for your league. Your league isn't through ESPN right? They don't allow for the setup you're talking about. Also I like the NBA format for the draft. I don't want people to plan and lose game for a better draft pick, but I do want to give the worse teams a leg up. If the only reason a team quits is to get 1st draft, then a lottery would prevent that because it will be random either way. If a team just quits, giving them a worse draft pick the upcoming year isn't going to solve the problem, they will still just quit next year too.

What I didn't share is that after last season, we kicked a guy out for not running his team. So we've got a good core of 10 owners.
GibandLou
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tweaking our keeper rules - need feedback

Postby oldmanbean » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Our setup is quite different than yours, but I thought I would share it in case some details might help.

We are a 12 team league, 25 players, $200 budget. We currently allow 8-12 keepers, max value $130, but we are going to 8 next year, draft was quite weak this year. Draft is 25 rounds, each round worth different value, ie round 1 $25, round 2 $23, round 3 $20, down to round 25 $2.
Each year $2 is added to your players value, so you have to decide if that $25 pick who is now $27 is worth keeping.

Four teams win prize money, and are given draft positions 9-12. The other 8 names are drawn from a hat, so there is no advantage in being last. We do not use serpentine, just 1-12 25 times.
oldmanbean
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner