How long should Reyes be out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How long should Reyes be out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How long should Reyes be out?

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:34 am

They've said that he definitely will not play on opening day, but nothing else. Anyone have an expected amount of time of how long he'll be out?? He's my back up to Nomar. :~(
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How long should Reyes be out?

Postby brdmaverick » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:38 am

Baseballer02 wrote:They've said that he definitely will not play on opening day, but nothing else. Anyone have an expected amount of time of how long he'll be out?? He's my back up to Nomar. :~(

that's funny, i have nomar and was thinking of somehow acquiring Reyes, since I didn't know he was going to miss time too
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:39 am

You ARE in a pickle. Reyes keeps injuring his hamstring. He probably wo't be on the DL to start season, but he'll not be 100%. Pick up Bobby Crosby if he's available. He'll be a good sub until Nomar returns.

Please review my post about strategy. Thanks!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:41 am

Crosby is taken, but I'm probably gonna pick up Khalil Greene when Nomar is officially put on the DL.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:47 am

I'm in the same exact situation as you, I figure Reyes will be out a week or two- at any rate it's less serious than Nomar. I may just wait til Reyes gets back and then play him until Nomar gets back and then play Reyes on Nomar's off days- which should make up the games I missed early in the season. This strategy only works because my league has a games played limit of 162 at each position.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:49 am

KolbSaves wrote:I'm in the same exact situation as you, I figure Reyes will be out a week or two- at any rate it's less serious than Nomar. I may just wait til Reyes gets back and then play him until Nomar gets back and then play Reyes on Nomar's off days- which should make up the games I missed early in the season. This strategy only works because my league has a games played limit of 162 at each position.

sounds like a good plan, although I'm not looking at the league right now so don't know if it's roto or h2h, so I don't know if I have max games played or not.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:51 am

If you're in Yahoo, go to the league home page, and scroll down towards the bottom, on the right hand side you'll see a "League Settings" link, everything you want to know is in there.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:52 am

KolbSaves wrote:If you're in Yahoo, go to the league home page, and scroll down towards the bottom, on the right hand side you'll see a "League Settings" link, everything you want to know is in there.

I know how to see what kind of league I'm in, I was saying I'm not looking at it at the moment.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby brenzie » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:06 pm

NY papers are talking this morning about how Reyes rushed himself yesterday and started swinging a bat. He turned on an inside pitch and worsened an already bad hamstring pull. Hw through the bat down and was visibly dejected. I ahave not heard of any return time but looks like weeks rather than days, and certainly on the DL. Too bad because I have him too.
brenzie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MookieNJ » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:18 pm

All of the NYC newspaper reports today say Reyes will almost definitely start the season on the DL. After that, it's anybody's guess. He's had I think 5 hamstring problems in his short professional career. They're very worried that this will be a recurring injury and would like to figure out why it's happening and how to prevent it, but at this point they're clueless.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers