stephen strasburg - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

stephen strasburg

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: stephen strasburg

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm curious if there is any chance that if the Nationals make the LCS or at least World Series, that they put Strasburg on the post season roster.

It would only be another 15-30 innings, so it wouldn't make his arm fall off, but he obviously wouldn't have been in a game situation in a month, so I don't know how that would impact his health.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:I'm curious if there is any chance that if the Nationals make the LCS or at least World Series, that they put Strasburg on the post season roster.

It would only be another 15-30 innings, so it wouldn't make his arm fall off, but he obviously wouldn't have been in a game situation in a month, so I don't know how that would impact his health.

I don't think so. Once you're shut down, that's it. I've generally heard that trying to have him get up and pitch again after a month off would be pretty detrimental to him.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 am

Yeah it really doesn't seem likely because he hasn't been on a throwing program keeping his arm strength up.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 am

He's done.

And for the record, Rizzo gave an interview with an ESPN podcast where he explicitly said it was a strict IP limit all along. Just like Zimm. Just like every pitcher in their system.
Ender wrote:That article is irresponsibly awful, just a shame for all of journalism which already has a terrible reputation at this point. He was never at any point on an innings limit, they have always said they were going to play it by ear and watch for signs of fatigue and that is exactly what they did.

So... maybe not so irresponsible after all.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:47 am

Skin Blues wrote:He's done.

And for the record, Rizzo gave an interview with an ESPN podcast where he explicitly said it was a strict IP limit all along. Just like Zimm. Just like every pitcher in their system.
Ender wrote:That article is irresponsibly awful, just a shame for all of journalism which already has a terrible reputation at this point. He was never at any point on an innings limit, they have always said they were going to play it by ear and watch for signs of fatigue and that is exactly what they did.

So... maybe not so irresponsible after all.

Thanks for the post, hard for me to believe that a GM could be so clueless with a 1st place team. A strict innings limit with no room for pitch counts or actual fatigue is just terrible management.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers