CBS Sports Hide Rankings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS Sports Hide Rankings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Sports Hide Rankings?

Postby iAtoria » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:01 pm

So my problem is that we are doing a draft where everyone physically shows up and we drink, eat and do a draft the way it was meant to be done. We usually just open up a live draft, to avoid having to manually enter them all later, and bam all the CBS rankings are there. Basically this allows the two or three rejects in my league to basically turn on autopilot and get a decent team. I want to hide CBS's rankings when the draft window pops up, is there any way to do this? I have a few ideas, but would like to hear is there is an actual setting somewhere.

Idea #1 - set all the point values to 1 this way all the rankings would be way off
Idea #2 - have only me in control of the live draft and manually assign people their team (bias because I can see the rankings)
iAtoria
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Sports Hide Rankings?

Postby jefferey13 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Per idea two, that doesn't seem much different then just assigning them after the draft.

Having a huge white board and not using computers to draft is a lot of fun, and IMO better than using the online draft tool to speed things up.

However, this doesn't actually answer you question, and I'm not sure on how to hide the ranks in CBS.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmck » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:18 am

It sounds to me that you are just jealous because some guys don't do as much work and they end up with a good team. I say "good for them". Anyway you can do it counts. Don't be such a "hard a--". A fantasy draft is fun. Just let everyone draft how they want to and have fun. Forget about your idea.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby mkultra » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Idea #3 - Be a better fantasy manager

Sure you can follow any given sites rankings and have a halfway decent team, but any manager who puts in some effort will outwit you every time. Also, as the season goes on rankings become less and less reliable.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Return to Commissioner's Corner