How about this one? Not so sure about it... WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How about this one? Not so sure about it... WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 am

12 teams, 6X6 roto, added K's for batters and HR's for pitchers.

C- Ramos
1b- Freeman
2b- Kinsler
3b- Zimmerman
SS- Tulo
2b/ss- Kelly Johnson
1b/3b- Gaby Sanchez
OF- Stanton
OF- Werth
OF- C Young
OF- Hunter
U- Espinosa
Bench: Trumbo, Carp, Wells
SP- Greinke, Wilson, Wainwright, Latos, Pineda, G Gonzalez, Marcum, Jurrjens,
RP- Adams, Salas, Broxton

Was pretty drunk pretty early in this draft and totally forgot to draft closers... Also not sure I'm loving this team. Pretty much a ton of high risk high reward guys I think. What do you all think?

Leave a link
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby medium_robin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 am

Thanks for the help with my team.

I like Gaby Sanchez at CI. You don't have a stud 1B but the rest of your IF is really good.

Broxton may be a closer in KC, depending on Soria's injury. Adams might get some saves too. And somebody will pop up on waivers, especially if you watch the wire like a hawk. Might want to offer SP for closer. Gio Gonzalez might get a decent return. Personally I'm not as high on him this year as most people are.
medium_robin
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How about this one? Not so sure about it... WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 am

medium_robin wrote:Thanks for the help with my team.

I like Gaby Sanchez at CI. You don't have a stud 1B but the rest of your IF is really good.

Broxton may be a closer in KC, depending on Soria's injury. Adams might get some saves too. And somebody will pop up on waivers, especially if you watch the wire like a hawk. Might want to offer SP for closer. Gio Gonzalez might get a decent return. Personally I'm not as high on him this year as most people are.

Yeah I picked up Broxton today and at the end of the draft just got the set up guys for some shaky closers. But I know closers come and go.
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Padres Fan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:04 am

I think Freeman is gonna be a good 1B and Sanchez is not too shabby, Too many 2B which could help get a better power bat at the UTIL slot (preferabley OF since you have Hunter and no so stellar cst on the bench, unless Trumbo can really take to 3B). I agree with moving a starter for a Closer Gio scares me with his high WHIP but I think Pineda is a better trade tool due to the spotlight being on him (Hasn't been all too great in ST, hs lost velocity and came to camp overweight, not a good sign at Yankee stadium), even if this is a keeper league you still have 4 keeper quality pitchers other than those 2

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=441687
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:41 pm

One guy drafted a ton of closers: Kimbrel, Storen, Betancourt, Valverde, Nathan. You think any good options there to trade Gio or Pineda for?
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby medium_robin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Kimbrel and Storen are young and would have a higher price tag if I owned them. Valverde is due for a letdown. I think Betancourt will be awesome this year. He's who I'd go after.
medium_robin
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 pm

medium_robin wrote:Kimbrel and Storen are young and would have a higher price tag if I owned them. Valverde is due for a letdown. I think Betancourt will be awesome this year. He's who I'd go after.

Agree with this. I targeted Betancourt in my league because he's got big upside and isn't being valued very highly.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 pm

He wants Wainwright at least for a closer which I'm not interested in, looking around if anyone's interested- nothing so far
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dre180 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Team is Very solid all around. Nice Balance. I love the infield. If you can get anything out of Werth this year your outfield has the potential to be pretty good.

I like trumbo a whole lot on the bench. He will put up nice power numbers when needed.

The pitching looks solid on paper, but i do worry a bit as there is some high risk high reward. Don't get me wrong your staff has the potential to be very, very good, but guys like Grienke, Pineda, and Jurjens worry me with some inconsistency. That being said it is a very solid unit and if they put numbers they're capable of- watch out.

As for closers, i don't place nearly as much importance on them as some others, i look at it more as a numbers game. as long as they have the job, you should be just fine. But I'm not sure Broxton is going to get the bulk of the save opps so I would look into that.
Dre180
T-Ball Trainer

Postby tonic889 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:48 pm

I think your starting pitching is good. I think Pineda is a sell-high kind of player. Poor second half last year and apparently showed up to camp overweight. I would try to trade him now for a closer. I understand the concerns about 1B but I think between Freeman, Gaby and Trumbo, at least one of them will do enough for you.

Let me know what you think about my team http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=441894
tonic889
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team