ESPN Live Draft Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

ESPN Live Draft Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN Live Draft Question

Postby LARS929 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:48 pm

I have a draft next week and there is one owner who can't make it until 9:15 PM PT. The latest draft time I can set is 8:45 PM PT, which creates the issue of this owner being late. I know that using LM power I can pause the draft, but what I don't know is if there is a limit to how long the draft can be paused. If I can pause it for a half hour I will tell the whole league to come at 9:15, but if not, I will have to just wait and see, which will be annoying for people waiting around to draft.

Does anyone know how long ESPN live drafts can be paused for?
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ESPN Live Draft Question

Postby dmendro » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:32 pm

It's not like Sportsline where you can pause, rewind and stop the draft any time. It's a set limit and I think you cna only pause for a max of like 5 minutes.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby LARS929 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:38 pm

dmendro wrote:It's not like Sportsline where you can pause, rewind and stop the draft any time. It's a set limit and I think you cna only pause for a max of like 5 minutes.

Thanks, do you know how many times I can pause it then? Like could I pause it three times in a row 5 minutes each?

Just seems silly to me ESPN doesn't allow for setting later draft times than 845 on the west coast.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dmendro » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:09 pm

CUSTOM LEAGUES ONLY: IN-DRAFT: LEAGUE MANAGER TOOLS

LM Tools screenshot.
League Managers have the ability to perform a number of draft admin functions at anytime during the draft. These can be done on the LEAGUE MANAGER tab in the main window (this tab only appears for LMs). Only if the draft is paused can the LM perform these admin functions.

PAUSE DRAFT: LMs have the ability to pause the draft at any time. If this happens the bidding clock will stop and the app will display a "Draft is Paused" message. Once the draft is resumed, the clock will start for the current bid.

CONFIGURE TIME: LMs have the ability to set the time per Nomination and Bid. The system default for both is 30 seconds and these can be changed to other 5-second increments. Once the draft is resumed these new time configurations will be in place.

UNDO PICK(S): LMs have the ability to undo draft picks at anytime during the draft. If this happens the draft pick(s) will be reversed, the player(s) returned to the available pool and bid(s) refunded. NOTE: If a single pick is undone, all picks AFTER the undone pick will be undone as well. For example, if after 10 picks, the 5th pick is undone, picks 6-10 will also be undone.

RESET DRAFT: LMs also have the ability to "Reset" the draft at anytime. If this happens all previous draft picks will be reset, all players released, and all bids refunded. The Auction draft will start over from scratch.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigmck » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:17 pm

You can start the Draft at anytime of the day. If you want 10 PM PT, that is 1 AM ET on the next day. That can be done. You just have to look on the next calendar day.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby jefferey13 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:42 pm

From what I understood of ESPN's drafting is that they only have a limited amount of rooms for drafting. If lots of managers pick the same time that draft time will no longer be available for sign ups. I could be wrong though.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LARS929 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:46 pm

bigmck wrote:You can start the Draft at anytime of the day. If you want 10 PM PT, that is 1 AM ET on the next day. That can be done. You just have to look on the next calendar day.

You good sir are a life saver...I've been a commish of several leagues throughout the years, and a good one at that. But I have NEVER even thought about that before. Now that you mention it, just seems like common sense, because 915 PT is the next day ET...Thanks a BUNCH!
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:26 pm

I'll be expecting the check in the mail (grin),
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)