Where Do You Draft VMart/R.Howard In Keeper Drafts? 28Picks! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Where Do You Draft VMart/R.Howard In Keeper Drafts? 28Picks!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where Do You Draft VMart/R.Howard In Keeper Drafts? 28Picks!

Postby Strained Oblique » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 am

I am in a keeper league draft tonight, and in this league we draft 28 players, and are able to keep 7 each year. So in all actuality, we have 21 draft picks tonight. Our draft works where you draft 28 rounds, then you can keep one player from each tier of 4 picks. So we can keep one player from picks 1-4, one player from 5-8, one player from 9-12, one player from 13-16, all the way through tier 25-28. We can keep a player for 3 years and then after that 3rd year you have kept him, he goes back into the draft.

Where would you draft these players based on that scenerio and keeper setup?

Ryan Howard
Victor Martinez
Bryce Harper

Is there anyone else worth taking a very late flyer on? Our league has 2 DL spots so I can put Howard/V Mart on them and live.

Thanks and WHIR if post a link!
"All is fair in Love and Little League"

Strained Oblique
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where Do You Draft VMart/R.Howard In Keeper Drafts? 28Pi

Postby murphydog » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:48 am

Strained Oblique wrote:I am in a keeper league draft tonight, and in this league we draft 28 players, and are able to keep 7 each year. So in all actuality, we have 21 draft picks tonight. Our draft works where you draft 28 rounds, then you can keep one player from each tier of 4 picks. So we can keep one player from picks 1-4, one player from 5-8, one player from 9-12, one player from 13-16, all the way through tier 25-28. We can keep a player for 3 years and then after that 3rd year you have kept him, he goes back into the draft.

Where would you draft these players based on that scenerio and keeper setup?

Ryan Howard
Victor Martinez
Bryce Harper

Is there anyone else worth taking a very late flyer on? Our league has 2 DL spots so I can put Howard/V Mart on them and live.

Thanks and WHIR if post a link!

I think VMart is having a second surgery so I wouldn't draft him at all. Howard's situation is very up in the air right now. There's no timetable for his return and I have read different scenarios. I think he is worth a late round pick but not until you have the depth that you are comfortable with. You will need those 2 DL spots at some point so I would be fine with taking someone healthy to build depth instead of Howard. I doubt Harper sees much action this year so I am not sure I draft him at all.
murphydog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:42 am

I wouldn't mess with VMart or Howard.
Only keeping 7, they wouldn't make it.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:42 am

I would have to be able to draft them in at least round 9-12 to even think about possibly keeping them for next year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MaudDib » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:09 am

HOOTIE wrote:I wouldn't mess with VMart or Howard.
Only keeping 7, they wouldn't make it.

;-D Both are on the down side of their careers and you don't know how they will come back from some pretty devastating injuries. Let someone else take the risk and fill your roster with players than can actually help you.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions