Last keeper -- Andrus, Morse, or Zobrist - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Last keeper -- Andrus, Morse, or Zobrist

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last keeper -- Andrus, Morse, or Zobrist

Postby Beeblebrox » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:00 am

12 teams, 5x5, must keep 10 with no restrictions of any kind.

C -
1B - Pujols
2B - Pedroia
3B - Bautista
SS -
LF - Braun
CF - Kemp
RF - J.Upton
UTIL - Ellsbury
UTIL -

SP - Kershaw, Hamels

Those 9 are locks. Yes, they are a damned good set of keepers, and I've worked pretty hard to build that roster over the past couple years with many trades, just acquiring Bautista and Braun within the last couple weeks. I won last year, and I'm obviously looking to repeat this year.

My choice for the last keeper spot is down to one of these three --- Andrus, Morse (1B/LF), or Zobrist (2B,RF)

I was trying to put together another trade to upgrade at SS or add a 3rd ace SP before the keeper deadline, but nothing materialized and now trading is closed with the draft coming up next weekend, so it's gotta be one of those guys, unless you think Aramis or Wainwright is worthy of consideration....(I don't.)

I'm leaning towards Andrus, because with 120 total keepers, SS will be very thin on draft day and since I'll be drafting last in every round of our non-snake draft, that's significant. But part of me thinks that, in a vacuum, he's probably the worst of the three players there. There is that 2nd UTIL spot to fill and it would be nice to do it with some multi-positional flexibility....
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Last keeper -- Andrus, Morse, or Zobrist

Postby murphydog » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 am

Beeblebrox wrote:12 teams, 5x5, must keep 10 with no restrictions of any kind.

C -
1B - Pujols
2B - Pedroia
3B - Bautista
SS -
LF - Braun
CF - Kemp
RF - J.Upton
UTIL - Ellsbury
UTIL -

SP - Kershaw, Hamels

Those 9 are locks. Yes, they are a damned good set of keepers, and I've worked pretty hard to build that roster over the past couple years with many trades, just acquiring Bautista and Braun within the last couple weeks. I won last year, and I'm obviously looking to repeat this year.

My choice for the last keeper spot is down to one of these three --- Andrus, Morse (1B/LF), or Zobrist (2B,RF)

I was trying to put together another trade to upgrade at SS or add a 3rd ace SP before the keeper deadline, but nothing materialized and now trading is closed with the draft coming up next weekend, so it's gotta be one of those guys, unless you think Aramis or Wainwright is worthy of consideration....(I don't.)

I'm leaning towards Andrus, because with 120 total keepers, SS will be very thin on draft day and since I'll be drafting last in every round of our non-snake draft, that's significant. But part of me thinks that, in a vacuum, he's probably the worst of the three players there. There is that 2nd UTIL spot to fill and it would be nice to do it with some multi-positional flexibility....

I think you have to choose between Morse and Zobrist. I would probably go Zobrist but it's close. I am not big of Andrus but if you are concerned about the lack of SS depth, you could always use your depth at another position to trade for a SS. Also, I think there is a lot of benefit to having guys who can play multiple positions.
murphydog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 am

Morse
Andrus
Zobrist
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Kimbos Beard » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:10 am

Andrus, because its the only position where you don't already have a first round pick.

Does anyone even enjoy this league that your team is in?
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:40 am

Andrus--Mainly to fill in the SS position, but it honestly doesn't matter who you play at SS with that offense.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MaudDib » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:01 am

Andrus here as well. He actually has some upside and he fills a position of need. I would imagine with 10 keepers, SS will be pretty thin where as you can find backup OF during the draft.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 301)

Postby k.k. » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:11 am

Andrus or Morse. I'd pass on Zobrist. I've never been that enamored with him. Multi-position is helpful, but I don't think you should lean on that too much when making a keeper decision.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions