CBS's draft applet is a nightmare - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS's draft applet is a nightmare

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS's draft applet is a nightmare

Postby Curtis Pride » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Be forewarned if you haven't drafted yet.

Their applet was KILLING people all night last night in my draft.

I used Chrome and it worked fine, but many other people who used Chrome were having problems. Everyone who used IE was having problems.

There is apparently some popup video/ad that would come up and screw up everyone's draft. People would be logged in, but couldn't actually see anything that anyone else was posting. Anytime a pick was backed out, any team that was affected was automatically put on autodraft. People couldn't order their queue at all. It was a nightmare.

Which is part of the broader aspect. CBS gets worse every single year. 10 years ago, they were the best site on earth no question. They haven't even stayed stagnant, they've gotten way worse. The site has become clunkier, filled with crap ads, slower, takes way longer and more clicks to do anything you want, formatting for posts and league stories has gotten worse.

This is my league's 7th year with CBS, and for 3 years, there has been a slow groundswell of people wanting to leave CBS, and it's now come to a crescendo. This is the end. They charge like $200 a year and it gets worse every year.

The only saving grace for them has been their crazy deep minor league system (which is great for my keeper league) and the fact that they are extremely flexible in how you can assign keepers by a draft pick (It is my understanding that neither Yahoo or ESPN allow you to tie keepers to draft picks - so if you draft someone in the 20th on year, they cost a 17th round keeper the next, for example).

Anyway, end of rant. CBS sucks.

Point is, if you have a draft for CBS coming up, I would highly suggest you download a proven version of Firefox/Chrome, and make sure you have adblockers and popupblockers installed (and you know how to use them). A suggestion may also be to call/email CBS and ask them what version their draft applet uses.

I would definitely recommend a practice draft before any important league drafts.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers