Yankees sign Andy Pettitte - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees sign Andy Pettitte

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yankees sign Andy Pettitte

Postby kab21 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Skin Blues wrote:There's definitely fantasy implications here, at least for AL only leagues. Knocks down Hughes' value and adds Pettitte to the mix. For leagues that have already drafted it'll be a race to add him.

I think it will have to be a pretty deep league to have any fantasy implications. I just raced out to my 24 tm league and put in a waiver claim so I'm hoping my 11th priority is enough.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:46 am

dont forget to claim paul o'neill too. he guaranteed he was going to hit 2 dingers for me at least once this year. IN THE SAME GAME

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:57 am

kab21 wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:There's definitely fantasy implications here, at least for AL only leagues. Knocks down Hughes' value and adds Pettitte to the mix. For leagues that have already drafted it'll be a race to add him.

I think it will have to be a pretty deep league to have any fantasy implications. I just raced out to my 24 tm league and put in a waiver claim so I'm hoping my 11th priority is enough.

AL Only leagues usually roster anybody with a rotation spot except for a handful of guys like Brad Penny and Jo-Jo Reyes. 14 teams x 5 pitchers = max 70 available. Pettitte has been off for over a year but the last season that he pitched he was pretty good. Still has one of the best sliders in baseball, from what I hear, and the best run support.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 am

I got Hughes in 2 leagues and I expect big things from him this year. As a starter. So i hope that Andy's return doesnt screw that up. I imagine the Yanks will be trying to unload another starter in a trade sometime in the near future so that they dont interrupt my fantasy plans.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat May 05, 2012 1:28 am

what are the projections for Pettitte this season?
his last year in the majors with the Yankees in 2010 was good (3.28/1.27), but the previous 2 years before that not so much (4.16/1.38, 4.54/1.41).
I assume just being on the Yankees that the wins will be there even if he is average.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers