Moore Trade. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Moore Trade.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moore Trade.

Postby papavayne » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm in a 5x5 roto keeper league, I'be been offered Wainwright and Jerry Sands for Matt Moore. Do you think Wainwright can be the ace for much longer, plus the age difference.I would be replacing Moore with Scott Baker or Billingsley, while Sands will be in my miners. I believe this is a good trade, I just need someone's opinion, thanks.
papavayne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Moore Trade.

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:10 pm

I think it's a fine trade as well if you think it would benefit your team, but a majority of people will say you need to keep Moore due to his upside, poise, and ready-to-go talent. There's more risk involved going with a veteran off of surgery and a young bat that hasn't done much yet, but it could pay off well if Wainwright pulls out a few solid years while Sands develops into that power hitter in LA.

Like I said, the deal is fine but you have to admit that Moore is a big chip. I bet that with Moore's name and the other two's various issues you could probably squeeze out more for him. If you really don't mind moving Moore, try to get another player or two in there if you can while harping on the other two players' weaknesses.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby papavayne » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Really? Sands hit 35, 29 homes the past 2 seasons in the minors, and he's only 24. I doubt I could get anyone else, should I risk asking for JD Martinez, but he may reject the hole trade.
papavayne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Element » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:15 pm

papavayne wrote:Really? Sands hit 35, 29 homes the past 2 seasons in the minors, and he's only 24. I doubt I could get anyone else, should I risk asking for JD Martinez, but he may reject the hole trade.

Don't pay attention so Sands' AAA numbers. The PCL inflates offensive statistics badly. At best he's a .270/25 guy in the majors. More than likely under those totals.

I don't like the trade for you. I don't doubt Wainwright in the future, but I would much rather have Moore this season. It's going to take him a while to find his command and he's likely to fade in the 2nd half once he begins to fatigue. Factor in the age and he trumps Wainwright easily, IMO. I'll let someone else take the risk. I don't mind dealing Moore. The hype machine is out of control. I just think that you could get much more. The main piece I get back has to be better than Wainwright.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby silverZ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:21 am

I think this trade could go either way. Both pitchers have immense upside. I wouldn't let the addition of Sands decide which way to go. I think you could get a safer option than Wainwright for Moore in a keeper league so I would decline it and shop around for an ace with less injury concerns if you're intent on dealing Moore. Personally I would just keep Moore.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 am

I like Wainwright, but i'm keeping Moore in a keeper.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Jase44 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:30 am

Are you making a run for it in the next couple of years or are you rebuilding.

Forget Sands for the time being. If you want to make a run for it than take Wainwright, if not keep Moore. Mainly because Moore could be limited towards season end, specially if they are playoff bound. Wainwright will get the more innings.

By 2013 and onwards Moore will be the better pitcher
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 71)

Postby silverZ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:39 am

I don't buy that Moore will be any more limited than Wainwright come September. Moore has had his innings slowly built up over the past 3-4 years and they'll want him out there if they're fighting for a playoff spot. Wainwright is coming off TJ and might not be able to handle 200+ IP his first season back.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby papavayne » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks for all of the replies, I decided to decline the trade, (although the other owner wasn't to happy) as I probably could get a more stable guy, but I think I'll keep Moore, thanks.
papavayne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MaudDib » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

silverZ wrote:I don't buy that Moore will be any more limited than Wainwright come September. Moore has had his innings slowly built up over the past 3-4 years and they'll want him out there if they're fighting for a playoff spot. Wainwright is coming off TJ and might not be able to handle 200+ IP his first season back.

I know you declined and I agree with this. I think they are very close and both have question marks. And I think both will be really good. In a keeper, I would have to go with Moore as well.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions