Jimmy Rollins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jimmy Rollins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby the_tenman » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:59 pm

the_tenman wrote:
stumpak wrote:If he is hitting second it won't last. The guy can't get on base, he has no pop--why would you put him that far up inthe line-up instead of Polanco? He is almost as worthless in real baseball as in fantasy baseball. He has all the earmarks of one of those guys that everyone claims will have a breakout year for five years straight and nothing happens (see Beltre, Adrian).

He is almost as worthless in real baseball as in fantasy baseball. Say what, he is a shortstop for pete sake. In a 12 man league with a MI you say this guy is worthless. (see Beltre, Adrian) This one is the comment that showed your true merit or lack thereof. No one sucks as much as Beltre. There is a big difference between a no account 3B and a top 10 SS, but I don`t expect you to put that together on your own. By the way, your left shoe is the one with the big "L" on it.
Not afraid to go against the grain!
the_tenman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:11 pm

Read the original post. The guy asked if Rollins is nice sleeper at SS. Hell no, for the reasons I articualted above. If you have Rollins in your line-up ina standard 12 team 5x5 league, you are either very unlucky and have an injury problem like the original poster or you made a a bad and uninformed decision and are stuck with a crappy SS who is no better than someone off the waiver wire, say Lugo as an example. I was not responding to you or a situation involving whatever other MI positions your leage uses--I was responding to the question as to whether or not Rollins is a sleeper SS, and the answer is a pretty irrefutable no if you have two brain cells to rub together and like basing you rationales on actual fact. Don't take it out on me if you made a dumb decision and have Rollins on your team.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Katfish » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:31 pm

stumpak wrote:...you are either very unlucky and have an injury problem like the original poster or you made a a bad and uninformed decision and are stuck with a crappy SS

I resemble that remark! !+)
"There's something kind of 'eee-yew' about a boy who doesn't like baseball." Foghorn Leghorn
Katfish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:43 pm

the_tenman wrote:(see Beltre, Adrian) This one is the comment that showed your true merit or lack thereof. No one sucks as much as Beltre. There is a big difference between a no account 3B and a top 10 SS, but I don`t expect you to put that together on your own.

Beltre has hit 20+ HR's and 75+ RBI's in 3 of the last 4 years, and has shown the ability to be a .280-.290 hitter with 10-15 SB's in the past. His lifetime AVG is .262, which is bad, but not utterly worthless. Beltre is useless, or a bad sleeper, in mixed leagues, but I have a feeling he'll be a starter or one of the best backups in our 12-team NL-only league that drafts Sunday.

And Rollins isn't a top 10 SS. Maybe top 15.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers