H2H questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

H2H questions

H2H questions

Postby dangadd » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Hello all,

I'm in a 8 team H2H league made up of friends from the UK. That's the reason the league is so small - not too many people with much interest here. Anyway, it's the second year of the league, the Categories are W,SV,ERA,WHIP,SHO,K and HR,R,RBI,SB,K,DPT,AVG and SLAM. I know they aren't your usual cats and you can't do much about planning for a couple of the cats.

I took over the team last year post draft and they were awful. I had A-Rod, Ryan Zimmerman and Jonathon Papelbon and rejigged the team from the waiver wire. I have to pick two keepers - choices are Zimmerman, Kimbrel, Konerko or A-Rod?

Last year I crowded my team with 1B with dual eligibility to try and win DPT as well as some of the other stats. I wasn't that great in the Batting Cats - but I was dominant in the Pitching ones. I swapped players every week based on the matchups and number of starts to maximise all Pitching Cats. I won the league part of the season and lost the H2H final to a guy who had Lincecum, Lee, Halladay and Verlander all pitching twice that final week.

The league isn't done by live draft either. I have to rank my players beforehand and leave it to autopick.

The real question is what can I do to give myself the edge this year? How do I rank my players given the nature of the league?

I'm thinking I use my 1B strategy again. I can make 4 changes each week. So I could set up a pitching roster with say 2 spots that are changed each week. I could maybe get 4 or 5 starts from those 2 spots alone (one pitcher with a two start week, and one spot with starts on Mon, Wed, Fri or similar).

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?

Dan
dangadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H questions

Postby chump dumper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:52 am

I would keep Kimbrel and Konerko.
You have the basic strategy correct......load up on hitting and swap with starting pitching.
Try and rank guys with high avg......and decent power.....then fill in with guys with high SB.
chump dumper
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: H2H questions

Postby mikekim2121 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:36 am

Keep Zimm and either Konerko and Arod. It'd be hard to keep a closer in any league, let alone in a league with so many categories that are biased towards starting pitchers. The more starting pitcher type categories you have, the less valuable a closer is.

Your strategy sounds good, do the same thing this year. Forfeit saves if it means you can load up on top SP's. For your preranks, focus on hitters and SP's, especially in the earlier part of the draft ranks.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Beginner's Forum