Should I make this trade? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I make this trade? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I make this trade? WHIR 100%

Postby MrAccoe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm

My CJ Wilson (15th round keeper) plus my 7th round pick for his Ryan Zimmerman (1st round keeper but would be the equivalent of my 6th round keeper) and an undetermined draft pick.

If I keep Wilson, I may have to scramble to find a third baseman in the draft, I'm not really sure which 3B's will be kept but I'm pretty sure that all the good ones will be (I'm letting go of Michael Young).

Should I make the trade and give up my 7th round pick and give up CJ Wilson value in the 15th? OR should I hold tight and draft a 3B in the 7th round, maybe get Michael Young back? Or gamble and choose a sleeper 3B later on? If I do make the trade, what round pick should I be asking for in return?

12 team 5x5 league with a max of 6 keepers. My keepers are going to be Cabrera (1st), Kemp (2nd), Cano (3rd), Cliff Lee (4th), Verlander (5th), CJ Wilson (15th).

Any thoughts?
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I make this trade? WHIR 100%

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:37 pm

I'd pass. Wilson in the 15th is really good value. I wouldn't deal that straight up for zimmerman let alone add a pick. Depending on who's available I'd aim to grab young with your first pick or just wait if he's gone already.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:16 pm

I would you need another bat and that's solid value give me the bat over the arm.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1943)

Postby MrAccoe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:35 pm

MadDog36 wrote:I would you need another bat and that's solid value give me the bat over the arm.

That's what I'm thinking, so what kind of draft pick do you think I should be asking for in return? First time I've ever traded draft picks so maybe ask for a 9th or 10th rounder?
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm

I like this trade as well. I don't like you giving up the 7th pick so I might either offer a lower pick or try and get his 3rd or 4th round pick (after keepers so like 10th or 11th) in return.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby MrAccoe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm

MaudDib wrote:I like this trade as well. I don't like you giving up the 7th pick so I might either offer a lower pick or try and get his 3rd or 4th round pick (after keepers so like 10th or 11th) in return.

I don't like giving up the pick as well, but he specifically asked for that. So I was thinking of getting his 10th pick in return.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions