Last Keeper Slot (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Last Keeper Slot (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last Keeper Slot (WHIR)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 am

15 team Auction Keeper League, (Fantasy Points Style) we keep 12 players yearly players have 3 year contracts at that salary, then become free agent's or toppers. "Free Agents" enter back into the auction draft, and "Toppers" owners are allowed to protect "Toppers" but are not allowed to bid on them, when bidding stops on that player during the auction, you have the right to MATCH the offer and keep him, or walk away from the contract.

Starting Roster Parameters: 2-Catchers 2-First Basemen 2-Second Basemen, 2-Third Basemen, 2-Shortstops 1-DH (has to qualify as a DH) 5-Outfielders 8-Pitchers (Starters or Relievers)
Minimum 20 games played at a position last season
$260 Salary Cap @ Auction

MY TENTATIVE KEEPER LIST:
1B - A.Gonzalez $33
1B - E.Hosmer $8
2B - R.Weeks $15
3B - B.Lawrie $1
3B/OF - J.Bautista $1 (last year of this sick contract, LOL)
SS - J.Reyes $25
SS - S.Castro $8
DH - B.Butler $14
OF - M.Bourn $8
P - C.Luebke $1
P - J.Hanrahan $1
ONE MORE KEEPER SLOT LEFT
TOTAL $115 (leaves me $145 for thirteen slots to fill)
Still need to fill, 2 Catchers (OUCH!!!) 1-Second Basemen, 4-Outfielders and 6 Pitchers

My Choices are as follows: (pending my preference too)
1. OF-A.McCutchen $topper$ (will probably go for $25-$30 in my auction I hope, then I would have to budget for that)
2. 1B-3B-DH - M.Young $topper$ (will cost allot in our format since he qualifies as a DH, and I am full `locked` at 1B and maybe 3B pending if I move Bautista to the OF)
3. Trade the rights to M.Young to another owners for 2B - J.Weeks $4 keeper, I like this option too. Pending that the other owner will still go for this.
4. SP - CC.Sabathia $37 (hefty price tag, but that is what ACE pitchers go for in our league in past seasons. so this would tie me up with $37 towards my cap before the auction begins)

Any info greatly appreciated.
Leave a Link.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Last Keeper Slot (WHIR)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 am

I'd start with the 3rd option and see if you can make that deal go through. Adding McCutch would be nice but I don't see that happening unless you could package away say Rickie Weeks. As an aside, I wouldn't spend the money to keep Young and probably not Sabathia either.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sigriffey » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm in the minority but I really think Sabathia solidifies a rotation amazingly well. He might just be worth the money there. I do like McCutchen quite a bit as well if CC is too steep.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby billycent » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 pm

I say AM is the way to go here... 4 solid OF's might be hard to come by in a keeper and 20/20 (30/30 potential) players aren't exactly falling from the sky. I like C.C. as much as the next guy... but that price is too steep, doesn't leave u much to work with. And if that's what "ACE" type pitchers go for, then fine, let them pay damn near $40 on a guy that's gonna go once every 5 days. Should be plenty of solid pitchers you can get good value on. Thnx for the help on mine.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby iaoto » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 pm

billycent wrote:I say AM is the way to go here... 4 solid OF's might be hard to come by in a keeper and 20/20 (30/30 potential) players aren't exactly falling from the sky. I like C.C. as much as the next guy... but that price is too steep, doesn't leave u much to work with. And if that's what "ACE" type pitchers go for, then fine, let them pay damn near $40 on a guy that's gonna go once every 5 days. Should be plenty of solid pitchers you can get good value on. Thnx for the help on mine.

;-D
iaoto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:03 am

Trade the rights to M.Young to another owners for 2B - J.Weeks $4 keeper, I like this option too. Pending that the other owner will still go for this. ;-D
or
Andrew McCutchen

either.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions