Jeter / Gordon / Aybar / Bonafacio - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jeter / Gordon / Aybar / Bonafacio

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jeter / Gordon / Aybar / Bonafacio

Postby rjk21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:45 pm

MrAccoe wrote:It really depends on which site you're going to be drafting. A lot of people will draft according to how each site has them ranked. For example ESPN has Dee Gordon at 133 and Yahoo has him at 96... that's a difference of nearly 4 rounds. I've seen him go as high as the 8th round in some mocks that I've been doing. I believe that Jeter is more stable across the board and Aybar is consistently in the 15th round or so.

Personally have them at Gordon, Jeter, Aybar and Bonifacio. I see Jeter and Gordon gone by the time you pick in the 15th, most likely Aybar will still be around. Peralta is way down this year (at least on Yahoo) so you'd be able to get him closer to the 20th. (12 team mock drafts) Your league may be different though. You know what you're going to get out of Aybar and I can't justify reaching for Gordon in the 9th or 10th round, just too much uncertainty.

I'd be drafting in the CBS league. Here is how they have them ranked:

119 Jeter, Derek SS NYY
111 Bonifacio, Emilio SS MIA
131 Aybar, Erick SS LAA
142 Ramirez, Alexei SS CHW
143 Gordon, Dee SS LAD
169 Hardy, J.J. SS BAL
170 Peralta, Jhonny SS DET

Granted Gordon might be a reach at 10, but I believe someone is keeping Peralta, so only Hardy is likely to be available at 15; Gordon has the potential to steal Bourn type numbers, but it is still a risk I agree...
rjk21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rjk21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Jeter
Aybar
Bonafacio
Gordon

They are all so close, that I don't think I would take one of this bunch until at least one or two of them were off the board. I would be perfectly happy with any of the top 3, and would probably grab the latest one of the 3 to fall.

I agree.. problem for me is with my keepers in rounds 11-14, all may be off the board when I return in round 15.. which is why I am considering taking best available at 10... hoping that I am not reaching to far...
rjk21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rjk21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:16 pm

rjk21 wrote:
Aybar
Bonafacio
Gordon

They are all so close, that I don't think I would take one of this bunch until at least one or two of them were off the board. I would be perfectly happy with any of the top 3, and would probably grab the latest one of the 3 to fall.

I agree.. problem for me is with my keepers in rounds 11-14, all may be off the board when I return in round 15.. which is why I am considering taking best available at 10... hoping that I am not reaching to far...

I suppose if guys like Werth/Cuddyer/Ethier are available at round 10...id have to pass on SS and wait until 15 or later for value....
rjk21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MrAccoe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 pm

rjk21 wrote:
rjk21 wrote:
Aybar
Bonafacio
Gordon

I suppose if guys like Werth/Cuddyer/Ethier are available at round 10...id have to pass on SS and wait until 15 or later for value....

Of course it will depend on who you are keeping and who you're getting earlier in the draft, round 10 is where I'm starting to get some of my starting pitching. Guys like Gio, Beckett, Romero (if he's still there), Garza, Beachy, etc... If you do miss on all the guys you're looking for, you may be ok getting a guy like Pastornicky or Cozart who are high upside guys with very little risk. You could always grab a guy like Scutaro as well, now in Colorado, both Escobar's and even a guy like Pennington who is a lock for 15-20 steals. Just depends on what is available in round 10, don't corner yourself to a SS at that spot if there's a guy that can give you way more value.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjk21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

MrAccoe wrote:
rjk21 wrote:
rjk21 wrote:

Of course it will depend on who you are keeping and who you're getting earlier in the draft, round 10 is where I'm starting to get some of my starting pitching. Guys like Gio, Beckett, Romero (if he's still there), Garza, Beachy, etc... If you do miss on all the guys you're looking for, you may be ok getting a guy like Pastornicky or Cozart who are high upside guys with very little risk. You could always grab a guy like Scutaro as well, now in Colorado, both Escobar's and even a guy like Pennington who is a lock for 15-20 steals. Just depends on what is available in round 10, don't corner yourself to a SS at that spot if there's a guy that can give you way more value.

Starting to think the same thing; Keepers in 11-14 are Kennedy, Bumgarner, Hudson, and Konerko; then Zimmerman (Jordan)in the 16th. If I pick up one pitcher in rounds 1 thru 10, I should have a decent enough 6 starters; pick up 2 relievers and a late round prospect/team 5th starter as my 9th starting pitcher (league starts 9 pitchers).... punt SS till the end like you suggest, may be better off, now that this thread evolves..!

BTW.. thoughts on Zim at 16? Great/Good value???
rjk21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MrAccoe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 pm

rjk21 wrote:
MrAccoe wrote:
rjk21 wrote:

Starting to think the same thing; Keepers in 11-14 are Kennedy, Bumgarner, Hudson, and Konerko; then Zimmerman (Jordan)in the 16th. If I pick up one pitcher in rounds 1 thru 10, I should have a decent enough 6 starters; pick up 2 relievers and a late round prospect/team 5th starter as my 9th starting pitcher (league starts 9 pitchers).... punt SS till the end like you suggest, may be better off, now that this thread evolves..!

If one of those guys is available at round 15, I'd grab him. Zim is very good value in the 16th.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjk21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:39 pm

MrAccoe wrote:
rjk21 wrote:
MrAccoe wrote:

If one of those guys is available at round 15, I'd grab him. Zim is very good value in the 16th.

One of what guys at 15?

My Keepers are:

11 Kennedy
12 Bumgarner
13 Hudson
14 Konerko
16 Zimmerman, J

5 keepers, debating Trout at 24 instead of Zim at 16

I know Trout could spend a lot of time in the minors this season, but SOOO want to keep him anyway... Right now leaning towards keeping Zim in the 16th...
rjk21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MrAccoe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:45 pm

rjk21 wrote:
MrAccoe wrote:
rjk21 wrote:

One of what guys at 15?

My Keepers are:

11 Kennedy
12 Bumgarner
13 Hudson
14 Konerko
16 Zimmerman, J

I know Trout could spend a lot of time in the minors this season, but SOOO want to keep him anyway... Right now leaning towards keeping Zim in the 16th...

One of the SS's that we've been talking about... if you're planning on holding Trout for the whole season, then I'd say go for it. Your 24th pick most likely won't contribute much anyway.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjk21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:52 pm

MrAccoe wrote:
rjk21 wrote:
MrAccoe wrote:

One of what guys at 15?

My Keepers are:

11 Kennedy
12 Bumgarner
13 Hudson
14 Konerko
16 Zimmerman, J

One of the SS's that we've been talking about... if you're planning on holding Trout for the whole season, then I'd say go for it. Your 24th pick most likely won't contribute much anyway.

I see.. Yes, I would keep one from the Jeter/Aybar/Bonifacio/Gordon group at 15 if they were available.

Would you keep Zimmerman at 16 or Trout at 24 though... very torn!

Can only keep 5 from the following:

11 Kennedy
12 Bumgarner
13 Hudson
14 Konerko
16 Zimmerman, J
24 Trout
Last edited by rjk21 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjk21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MrAccoe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Tough one, but I think I'd keep Trout over Zimmerman.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions