Trading Immediately- - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading Immediately-

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading Immediately-

Postby Michael Jack- » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

We all know the feeling, just picked off a player that we know was on at least 5 draft queue's after us.. The rumblings of frustration and jelousy come popping up on the chat box.. F! You drafted him, that was my next pick, I wanted him, he was born in my state...yadda yadda yadda- Now at this point amongst the satisfactory grin we are wearing, thought enters hmm, what would he pay and who does he have.. Even if we know the price would not be accepted we throw it out there as an ice breaking form of negotiation. Here inlies the problem, we drafted someone not even a day ago because they fit what we needed at that time or maybe just a decision based on the best talent available. Either way the decision has been made to choose this player already and not someone else.. The majority of owners who are seasoned in fantasy are aware that you pretty much have to over pay to actually get any trade accepted. You might dispute it, but clearly the proof is in the pudding. Nobody is trading Pujols for Cabrerra and Hamels.. Just like noone is going to trade Kershaw and Hamels even for Pujols.. It's just not happening in any solid league with knowledgeable owners. If the owner with the pitching wanted a bat, he would have grabbed one instead of grabbing two pitchers. He wanted to solidify his pitching at the cost of hitting apparently; and that's what they did.

Totally agree with trading in any league in the best interest of your team.. But to do it immediately does not make much sense to me.. How could you trade a player you drafted and the season has not even started yet? As I have said previously I understand if that was your agenda in the draft, but honestly how many people actually have time to consider that in the 10th round when you have 90 seconds and you have to fill a 2b/ss spot and you still have no third baseman....

Thoughts?
Michael Jack-
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading Immediately-

Postby Broncmet724 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 pm

If it's during the draft I would not trade. Howe\/er, after the draft some guys you thought that would fall to you might not ha\/e and now your team is too weak in your eyes in certain slots. After the draft is a prime time for trading
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Element » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 pm

I'll trade during the draft. Sometimes things don't go as planned and someone you were counting on ends up somewhere else. I'll never make a trade that worsens my team, but I am always down to talk.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 789)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 am

I trade whenever the deal seems right. If it is during the draft, during the season or in the off-season, it doesn't matter. Whenever the best deal hits the table or whenever I feel I need to sell. I would worry less about the timing and more about who you are getting in return. I also wouldn't worry about whether an owner will pay more now or later because that is just as likely to burn you as get you something better.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions