Pitching strategy advice... complicated! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pitching strategy advice... complicated!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pitching strategy advice... complicated!

Postby holzmacher11934 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 am

Complicated but here goes. I'm in a 7X7 fantasy league, but my question is on the
pitching side. The categories are Innings Pitched, Wins, K's, Earned Runs, WHIP,
Saves, Holds. There is a requirement that you have to start 5 SP and 4 RP. You
also can't have more then 10 starts per week. With a max of 70 roto points
to gain, how can I go about gaining the most points, I need a strategy. I'm not
sure if I should punt a category, just unsure. Please advise how you would try
to gain the most points.
holzmacher11934
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pitching strategy advice... complicated!

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 pm

i dont really see any way of taking advantage of it. w most weird set ups there is some way to take advantage...but this looks like you will just have to play it straight. draft a well balanced staff. probably more emphasis on guys who pitch longer int games...but those guys are usually the better guys anyways

if you go without SPs, you lose IP, W, and Ks.

i would definately grab as many SP,RP guys though. in leagues w only 4 RPs and saves and holds, those RPs that can be slotted in SP spots are gold
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pitching strategy advice... complicated!

Postby holzmacher11934 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:56 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i dont really see any way of taking advantage of it. w most weird set ups there is some way to take advantage...but this looks like you will just have to play it straight. draft a well balanced staff. probably more emphasis on guys who pitch longer int games...but those guys are usually the better guys anyways

if you go without SPs, you lose IP, W, and Ks.

i would definately grab as many SP,RP guys though. in leagues w only 4 RPs and saves and holds, those RPs that can be slotted in SP spots are gold

Thanks for the advice. We already had our draft, what I see one or two teams doing is pitching all RP. They loaded up on guys that are SP/RP eligible and will pitch in long/short relief. Plus they have closers also. I guess there thinking is to do really good in 4 cat (Saves, Holds, ER, WHIP). The will lose IP, W, K's, but score around 35-40 points. If i go the other route, more balanced, then I might score better in IP, W, K's, but will have find a place with ER/WHIP/Saves/Holds. I'm trying to figure out if I should punt one category (saves/holds). Pitch as many SP's as I can along with 3-4 save or hold guys. Still not sure what to do.
holzmacher11934
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers