Rate My Team? (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team? (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team? (WHIR)

Postby Ol' Uncle Munnerlyn » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 am

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I recently had my fantasy draft, and I was just hoping to get some others' thoughts on it. I feel it's very strong and am pretty proud of how it came out, considering I did little research beforehand. There are 12 total teams in the league, head-to-head scoring, and this is the first year of the keeper league, so there's no keepers from previous years. Categories are as follows...

Hitting: R. HR, RBI, SB, AVG
Pitching: K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP

Now, the team...

C: Alex Avila
1B: Michael Young
2B: Neil Walker
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Marco Scutaro
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Matt Holliday
OF: Desmond Jennings
UTIL: David Ortiz

SP: David Price
SP: Matt Cain
SP: Matt Moore
RP: John Axford
RP: Andrew Bailey
P: Brandon McCarthy (SP)
P: Tim Stauffer (SP)
P: Matt Capps (RP)
P: Jim Johnson (RP)

Bench: Kelly Johnson (2B)
Bench: Matt Joyce (OF)
Bench: Kendrys Morales (1B)
Bench: Mike Carp (1B/OF)

I feel my only major weakness is SS, as I was literally 1 pick away from selecting JJ Hardy when the guy before me stole hom from my grasp. I settled for Scutaro a couple rounds later. Anyway, that's my roster. I've been dangling Michael Young as a trade chip to teams, we'll see if someone bites. Opinions?
Ol' Uncle Munnerlyn
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My Team? (WHIR)

Postby reiser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:25 am

Ol' Uncle Munnerlyn wrote: I feel my only major weakness is SS, as I was literally 1 pick away from selecting JJ Hardy when the guy before me stole hom from my grasp. I settled for Scutaro a couple rounds later. Anyway, that's my roster. I've been dangling Michael Young as a trade chip to teams, we'll see if someone bites. Opinions?

you must have done some research, that's a pretty good team. You might check and see if Cozart was drafted or not, or best available WW SS. Michael Young is a bit underrated in fantasy circles due to lack of power, but a .320 AVG goes a long way, especially in H2H. If Johnson takes off you will be starting him over Walker, if Morales and Ortiz hit...then you have some chips to trade. Check and see if Young has 3B eligibility in your league, if he does, I might keep him around to back up Longoria.

Good value pitching staff there with Price, Cain and Moore. I'd be looking to free up a bench spot for a pitcher between Joyce and Carp. McCarthy and Bailey are both health risks, and Johnson and Capps are 2 of the shakiest closers out there.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:59 am

no clue how you got braun and longo but good for you!!!! hitter from what i see for a 12 man league is very solid!! you may not had the fastest team but should be able to hold you own against at least half the league. if ortiz and young repeat last year you will easily have the best hitting team. your pitching im a lil worried about. outside of your top 3 you dont have much and with your closers within a month or 2 your going to lose one if not 2 closers. keep on the WW you can always pick up a top pitcher in the first couple of weeks (Romero 2 years ago) and also keep ontop of your closers especially capps and johnson. i would trade holiday and get another starter. see if jd martinez is available, will be a better option in OF over joyce and carp if you trade holiday.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=441075
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby nfljoe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:21 pm

I think you have very strong pitching. And I think you also have a very good balance on offense as well.
However I would try and trade on of your good pitchers for a better 2B than Walker.
He's not that good and you might be able to get a guy like Zobrist or even Kinsler.

You're pitching is deep so I would do try and improve your middle infield if possible.
nfljoe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:53 pm

nfljoe wrote:I think you have very strong pitching. And I think you also have a very good balance on offense as well.
However I would try and trade on of your good pitchers for a better 2B than Walker.
He's not that good and you might be able to get a guy like Zobrist or even Kinsler.

You're pitching is deep so I would do try and improve your middle infield if possible.

dont fall into the zobrist trap, dudes overratted! walker is fine and will be very good this year
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Ol' Uncle Munnerlyn » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks for the opinions, guys. As for Neil Walker, I'll probably keep him. I like his solid, steady production and I don't think he's going to hinder my team. I got a trade offer that shores up SS and adds another P, if you want to take a look: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=441103
Ol' Uncle Munnerlyn
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team