10 Team Keep 3 pick swap how do I look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 Team Keep 3 pick swap how do I look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 Team Keep 3 pick swap how do I look?

Postby jlfn56 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 pm

10team H2H 5x5 keep3

Next year you lose the round pick of each of keepers selected (3) How Did I do? Traded #3 and #18 picks for 10,11, Strategy was all offense until the 8th round then back to O in the 9th then pitchers rounds 10-12 and neglect saves till late.... Ended up like this

C-Santana (4)
1B-Votto 2
2B-Kinsler 3
3B-Arod 7
SS-Peralta 16
OF-Crawford 5
OF-Morse 6
OF-BJ Upton 9
Util-Adrian Gonzalez 1
Util-Goldsmidt 13
BN-Jesus Montero 15
BN-Kendrys Morales 19
BN-Cespedas 23

SP-Bumgarner 8
SP-Wanwright 10
P-Matt Garza 11
P-Yu Darvish 12
P-Ervin Santana 14
P-Bud Norris 17
P-Edwin Jackson 22
P-Jhoulys Chacin 21
RP-Walden 18
RP-Street 20
jlfn56
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team Keep 3 pick swap how do I look?

Postby reiser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 am

looks pretty good to me! I really like swapping down to that 10 pick and getting Wainwright. I guess the only thing I'm not crazy about is Santana and Montero. As a C, I'm crazy about Montero, but as a DH...well, I'd be surprised if he outhit Morales. Outfield could be a problem, though I think you have enough big guns in the infield and at UT to handle any extended Crawford or Upton slumps.

I think you ought to keep a B spot open for a pitcher, but your league may have a DL, and I guess in a 10 team, there are plenty of WW options.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:27 am

you had the right idea to trading picks but to take 2 1b back to back in a keepers league? should have taken someone like upton over votto. getting montero in a keeper league is a steal!!! seattle would not have traded pineda for him if the guy couldnt hit. your pitching isnt to good, outside of wainwright i dont see one guy that you wont be nervous about when they get on the mound and 2 have 2 weak closers in a 10 man league is not to impressive. i would trade votto or agon for a pitching package 2 sp and a closer.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=441075
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)

Postby jlfn56 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Upton upon was my plan, but he was not available, was taken right before me......I purposely neglected closers and pitching til late....I think I got a lot of quality starters. Bumgsrner is coming into elite status I believe....maybe I'm wrong?
jlfn56
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reiser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

jlfn56 wrote:Upton upon was my plan, but he was not available, was taken right before me......I purposely neglected closers and pitching til late....I think I got a lot of quality starters. Bumgsrner is coming into elite status I believe....maybe I'm wrong?

I'm not that big of a position scarcity guy, so if A-Gon and Hamilton were best available, for example, I'd grab A-Gon in a heartbeat, even if I had just drafted Pujols.

I think your SP depth is decent. A lot of people are going to be wrong if Bumgarner doesn't take a big step forward, I'm really high on Darvish (at worst I think he provides Gallardo value), and Garza puts up some great stats even though he is on a terrible team. Walden and Street aren't elite, but they are pretty secure closers.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby JJGBPD » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 am

I think Bloomberg says you have some work to do and it should start with sending Kinsler to me! :)
JJGBPD
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team