Automatically Importing Yahoo Keepers into Appropriate Picks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Automatically Importing Yahoo Keepers into Appropriate Picks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Automatically Importing Yahoo Keepers into Appropriate Picks

Postby GRIN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:52 am

Hello,
My Yahoo league's Keeper Declaration Deadline passed last night. This morning I approved the keepers. Now there is a note stating "Please edit your draft to insert the keepers." I click on the "edit your draft" in that previous sentence (which is hyper-linked). It brings me to the "Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players" page but there is no option to automatically insert the approved keepers.

On Yahoo's "Tools to Support Your Keeper League" page it states "If keepers were declared, the commissioner can choose several popular options to automatically import those players into appropriate picks. For example, if your league rules would allow for the keepers to always be assigned to the last picks each team holds or the first picks each team holds, that is now easily supported."

I'm feeling dense this morning. I can't seem to find the support for that. Could it be that I shouldn't have customized the draft order prior to the keeper deadline? Or should that have mattered?
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Automatically Importing Yahoo Keepers into Appropriate P

Postby GRIN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:06 am

Never mind. I just used the Cafe's search function (searched for the word "import") and found discussions stating that I should not have set up the draft order prior to the keeper deadline. I went back and reset, found the option to automatically assign the keepers, and all is now well.

Thanks Cafe-ers!
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Re: Automatically Importing Yahoo Keepers into Appropriate P

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 pm

GRIN wrote:Never mind. I just used the Cafe's search function (searched for the word "import") and found discussions stating that I should not have set up the draft order prior to the keeper deadline. I went back and reset, found the option to automatically assign the keepers, and all is now well.

Thanks Cafe-ers!

So interestingly I found the same use case for my keeper league. I pretty much needed to do my draft order before keepers were declared to make sense of picks being traded prior to the keeper deadline. Lesson learned; hopefully in the future we can enhance the tool so that keepers can be imported after the draft order is set up.

Glad you figured out a workaround. You alternately could have slotted players into individual picks, which is what I did in my case since I had traded picks all over the place and didn't want to have to redo all those.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Return to Commissioner's Corner