Single league draft stratagies - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Single league draft stratagies

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Single league draft stratagies

Postby toledomudhens » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:21 am

Hey fellas, My draft is in 2 weeks and I am woundering what advice people have for drafting in a single league.I am defending champ but I know that i had a lot of luck happen last year(gordon and asdrubal drafted in my minors) a couple good trades that went my way and a few that didn't. We are a 8 team AL only 5x5 keeper league, my keepers this year are Arod(1 more year)Youk(see arod...lol) Weaver and granderson... I have the last pick in this years draft and I was woundering if you giy have any advice on drafing stratagies...ie grab best available for first couple rounds no matter position(ortiz dh only) or do you try to fill in roster spots with players that play a very weak position(2nd or SS) We start 2 catchers, all the infield with MI and CI, 5 OF'S and 9 pitchers....So with every team protecting 4 players our draft essentialy starts in the 5th round, I was looking at napoli with my first pick, followed by hopefully choo. Power good BA and steals...Or do i just go with rankings and take whatever whenever?...Sorry if i am blabbing a little here.....Any advice or thoughts on this matter would be awsome, it is always nice to have others inputs and suggestions when your having a hard time deciding between players....thanks fellas... ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Single league draft stratagies

Postby ayebatter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:13 am

I don't play in an AL only this yr., but I just took a peek at my AL only rankings, and I'd normally draft the best available at this point (pick 40), but boy is MI thin in AL only's. So I'd keep the MI position in the forefront of my mind, but still take the best available bats at this point.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1358)

Re: Single league draft stratagies

Postby toledomudhens » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:22 am

ayebatter wrote:I don't play in an AL only this yr., but I just took a peek at my AL only rankings, and I'd normally draft the best available at this point (pick 40), but boy is MI thin in AL only's. So I'd keep the MI position in the forefront of my mind, but still take the best available bats at this point.

Where do you get your rankings from????? Love to get a look at those rankings.
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)

Return to Baseball Leftovers