Big Trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Big Trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Trade WHIR

Postby KSig24 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Gents I need your opinions on a keeper league deal that may give me four picks in a row at the end of the first round for basically my thrid rounder and Dustin Pedroia who I cannot keep next year.

My roster as of now:
Cutch
J-Up
King Felix
Kinsler
Pedi
Holliday
A-Jones
Wright

I would end up with the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th picks.

The available players at these positions would be: Weaver (if i'm lucky), Greinke, A-Rod, Konerko, Uggla, Zobrist, Gallardo, Young, Victorino, Cuddyer, Kendrick, Rollins, Aramis, Mariano, Paps, Axford, Storen, Berkman.

Do I trade my third rounder and Pedi for these two picks? Should I take some of those guys or should I make a reach for Hanson, Romero,Darvish, Moore, Beachy, or Crawford? Or should I stack up on pitching here? Our first round is essentially the 8th round with 80 players already kept so its slim pickings.
KSig24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Trade WHIR

Postby onitapgr » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

KSig24 wrote:Gents I need your opinions on a keeper league deal that may give me four picks in a row at the end of the first round for basically my thrid rounder and Dustin Pedroia who I cannot keep next year.

My roster as of now:
Cutch
J-Up
King Felix
Kinsler
Pedi
Holliday
A-Jones
Wright

The available players at these positions would be: Weaver (if i'm lucky), Greinke, A-Rod, Konerko, Uggla, Zobrist, Gallardo, Young, Victorino, Cuddyer, Kendrick, Rollins, Aramis, Mariano, Paps, Axford, Storen, Berkman.

Do I trade my third rounder and Pedi for these two picks? Should I take some of those guys or should I make a reach for Hanson, Romero,Darvish, Moore, Beachy, or Crawford? Or should I stack up on pitching here? Our first round is essentially the 8th round with 80 players already kept so its slim pickings.

If you play MI, no.

If you don't play a MI, maybe....nevermind, no

I would keep Pedroia and trade him or Kinsler after the draft for a stud 1b
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 pm

if you can't keep pedroia i see no reason not to do it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 pm

KSig24 wrote:Gents I need your opinions on a keeper league deal that may give me four picks in a row at the end of the first round for basically my thrid rounder and Dustin Pedroia who I cannot keep next year.

My roster as of now:
Cutch
J-Up
King Felix
Kinsler
Pedi
Holliday
A-Jones
Wright

If you are sure that you can land Greinke, Konerko, Zobrist and Gallardo for Pedroia and a pick, I would do that deal quickly. If that is the best available at pick 1, and you don't pick til pick 9, then I doubt all of those guys will be there, and then I would probably pass on the deal.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:09 pm

2b Kinsler
MI Pedroia
3b Wright
OF Cutch, J-Up, A. Jones, M. Holliday
SP King Felix

Bleh who is your 1b going to be?
I'd take Konerko if he makes it to you. Gotta have some production there. Unless you can get a Freeman or Morales later and maybe a top SS available? Andrus/Reyes type? Don't reach for a SP!
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions