Keeper League Trade Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper League Trade Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League Trade Question

Postby pjtroy34 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 pm

12 team 3-year keeper league; can keep 10 players, only one that was drafted/kept from top 5 rounds from last year.
Top 5 move up 1 round from last year, all others 2 rounds, FA take 18th round and up (17th, 16th, etc).
H2H weekly 6x6 roto; additional cats of BB-KO hitting, L, SV+HD.
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, (4) OF, UTIL, (4) SP, (2) RP, (1) P, (8) BENCH

The players I currently plan on keeping are:
Adrian (1st at 11th pick)
Cruz (5th, last yr)
Wainwright (11th, 1st yr)
Luebke (15th, 1st yr)
Storen (16th, 1st yr)
Stanton (17th, 2nd yr)
M. Moore (18th, 1st yr)
Papi (19th, 2nd yr)
Hosmer (21st, 1st yr)
Lawrie (22nd, 1st yr)

I've been offered Joey Votto (1st round) for Papi (19th) and Yonder Alonso (18th).
Is it worth it when I already have Adrian? As it sits now, Papi would be my backup DH to Hosmer.

SB will be more, but ZIPs has Adrian doing as well or better than Votto in virtually every other meaningful category...many other projection systems show the same, yet Votto is ranked higher everywhere it seems...probably due to the SBs.

For me, it boils down to if Adrian's batting average from last year is legitimate...not necessarily the number, but the ability to hit for a higher one than Votto and to keep his strikeout to walk ratio in check.

Anyway, my options as I see them:
1) Take it as is.
2) Try to get him to choose one or the other.
3) Counter with Votto and draft pick 3.6 for Papi, Alonso, and draft pick 3.11 (should be difference between Felix, Greinke, Hamels, Gallardo and Price, Lester, Haren, or Weaver).
4) See if he'll throw Gardner in on his end (14th round).
5) Stand pat.

My favorite right now is probably #3.
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League Trade Question

Postby MaudDib » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Might as well try for #3 and if not go back to #1 if you can. I like the deal. You can always move one of those 1B for something of need after the draft.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby pjtroy34 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 pm

MaudDib wrote:Might as well try for #3 and if not go back to #1 if you can. I like the deal. You can always move one of those 1B for something of need after the draft.

Thanks, but maybe my post was confusing...if I deal for Votto I can't keep Adrian.

The other guy will do #3 if I offer it up.
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Sounds like a lateral move to me...
Counter with Votto and draft pick 3.6 for Papi, Alonso, and draft pick 3.11 (should be difference between Felix, Greinke, Hamels, Gallardo and Price, Lester, Haren, or Weaver).

Not much of a difference between Greinke/Hamels/Lester/Weaver. Jared Weaver might end up ahead of everyone on this list save for Felix. Think about that Angels loaded lineup and what it will do for their pitchers. He will easily challenge for 20 wins this year.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:17 am

pjtroy34 wrote:
MaudDib wrote:Might as well try for #3 and if not go back to #1 if you can. I like the deal. You can always move one of those 1B for something of need after the draft.

Thanks, but maybe my post was confusing...if I deal for Votto I can't keep Adrian.

The other guy will do #3 if I offer it up.

Could you move Adrian then for other pieces. I like Votto more but not if you are giving up keepers and still can't keep AGone. Either make another deal after the trade or no deal.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions