12 Team FP Keeper (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 Team FP Keeper (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team FP Keeper (WHIR)

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Keepers go on a 40 point scale ranging from 3, 2 or 1 point. We have 1620 bat games to fill 162 starting pitcher games and 240 relief pitcher games. Scoring is as follows.

Hitters
Single (1)
Double (2)
Triple (3)
Home Run (4)
Run Scored (1)
Run Batted In (1)
Walk or HBP (1)
Sacrifice (1)
Steal (2)
Strikeout (-1)
Error (-1)
Caught Stealing (-1)

Pitchers
Out Recorded (1)
Strikeout (1)
Hit Allowed (-1)
Walk or HBP (-1)
Earned Run (-1)
Quality Start (6)
Hold or Save (6)
Win (4)
Loss (-2)
Blown Save (-2)
Complete Game (5)
Shutout (10)

Now for my roster. I will place a K next to players that were keepers. We can have a 25 man active roster with a 15 man minor league roster and 5 DL spots. Going into the draft it was not my intention to not draft a major league 2B. But the way it played out I wasn't going to reach on a WW player just to fill a spot with better players available. Only two draft worthy 2B were taken Uggla and Kendrick. The rest could all very well end up on the WW in the first month of the season. I attempted to work out deals for Kendrick, Zobrist and Weeks and others but the asking prices were to much. Some wanted to finish out drafting and were not interested in making mid draft moves. 2B, C and my OF are my biggest worries going into the season. 2B and C two of the weakest positions around if you don't have a sound keeper option. Once the first game is played I can put players on the DL and add whatever WW 2B or extra bats I like.

C- Geovany Soto
1B- Miguel Cabrera - K
2B-
3B- Alex Rodriguez - K
SS- Hanley Ramirez - K
OF- Jason Heyward - K
OF- Nick Markakis - K
OF- John Mayberry
OF- Denard Span
UT- Kendrys Morales - K
Bench- OF- Lorenzo Cain
Bench- OF- JD Martinez
Bench- 1B/OF- Chris Parmelee
DL- Ryan Howard - K

Minors Bats
C- Hank Conger
1B- Anthony Rizzo - K
2B/SS- Jean Segura
3B- Miguel Sano - K
SS/3B- Xander Bogaerts
OF- Domonic Brown - K
OF- Josh Bell - K
1B/OF- Jonathan Singleton - K

SP- Matt Cain - K
SP- Ricky Romero - K
SP- Michael Pineda - K
SP- Trevor Cahill - K
SP- Jhoulys Chacin - K
SP- Ubaldo Jimenez
SP- Tim Hudson
SP- Carlos Zambrano
DL- Brett Anderson

RP- Brian Wilson
RP- Brandon League
RP- Fernando Salas
RP- Addison Reed
RP- Antonio Bastardo

Minors Pitchers
Trevor Bauer - K
Taijuan Walker - K
Carlos Martinez - K
Chris Sale - K
James Paxton
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 640)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team FP Keeper (WHIR)

Postby billycent » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:28 am

Not a bad team, you've got some really nice pieces, both current stars and very likely future stars (Pineda and Heyward specifically) and if either Kendry or Howard... or BOTH can come back strong from injury ur looking even better. The second base hole is pretty big, but I don't see much that I would give up, or that you could afford to give up to fill it. U prob will just have to play the wire and hope for the best. On paper you have a nice staff, and I'd say maybe u could move 1 of them, but there are some uncertain pieces that if they don't perform, u really couldn't afford to lose a good arm. Love Heyward and Markakis... the rest of the OF needs some work though. All in all, I think you have a lot to work with, some good prospects, and with some good managing ur team could be very competitive. Thanks for the help on mine.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby xXWalkertonXx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Just going to start by saying that I wish that I could be a part of a league this in depth, sadly my friends lack the ability to appreciate baseball. also, thanks for posting a reply on my team, your insight was helpful!

what I would do is package A-ROD and another (Minor bat or SP) for a second baseman. hopefully A-rod gets off to a hot start and you can get max trade value. then I would use Cabrera's 3B eligibility to replace A-ROD and move Howard to 1B. Love the OF, if J.D. Martinez steps up and Lorenzo Cain plays well you could have some tough decisions to make. I like your prospects, Brown could make an impact in the next year or so, Conger could benefit from a trade as the angels just signed Ianetta. In my opinion Rizzo, and Bell may be not worth the keeper if they don't make improvements to their avg. Bauer and Sale are GREAT keepers in your roster and could also be trade bait with AROD to get that second baseman!

Hope your season goes well!
xXWalkertonXx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I could take down your info and next time we have an opening I could contact you and see if you were interested in the team that was open.

Yeah I tried to trade just A Rod and the only option that was put in front of me was Weeks who isn't really the type of player I want to worry about (injury concerns) going forward. Yeah Rizzo might become expendable depending on how things go. But he was mashing before he got called up to SD. So hopefully he will have learned from his experience and can make a impact on the Cubs. I don't think Bell has played yet has he? He was part of my first year player draft with Trevor Bauer.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 640)

Postby xXWalkertonXx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 pm

ya, for sure.
e-mail- iain.walker13@gmail
first name is Iain as you can see from the e-mail ^^. Let me know if anything opens in the future.
is your league a bunch of friends/ you know them personally?
xXWalkertonXx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team