2012 darft Analysis! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

2012 darft Analysis!

Moderator: rotoquest

Re: 2012 darft Analysis!

Postby jed757 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Revision for 8 & 9, now that I don't hear a screaming child:

The waiver wire, and/or for Chris Perez to be traded by May. I need a second closer to get into the middle of the pack for saves.

Saves.
jed757
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2012 draft Analysis!

Postby oscar15 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:23 pm

TheRock wrote:1. What was your draft strategy? Best available. However, I went in to the draft wanting positionflexibilityy from either M. Young, H. Kendrick, or M. Cuddyer. All three were taking in the round I had them targeted. Picking at the ends of a snake makes you reach more than you normally would especially after you have missed out on several targets early on

2. Who do you think was the steal of the draft? Ryan Howard is an excellent High Reward - High Risk pick

3. Who do you think was the reach of the draft? Apparently several of my picks and I'm okay with that. C. Santana would have never made it back to me and was picked as a 1b/c...not just a c. As for Rocks list of OF ahead of Fowler, sounds like a name bet for next year. I was not going to miss out on him because he is my break out candidate this year. He will out perform at least 1/2 of the OF on Rocks list

4. Who do you think will finish in the top 3? I have never brought this up befoblockedblocked at work makes it difficult to compete in this league. My rise out of the cellars coincides with my computer not blocking yahoo the past two year (don't know why and I refuse to let them upgrade my computer). Who will finish in the top? A_O because he took the most time to consider his picks and he does a good job of in managementnagment; 2. Roto - sound draft and I'm betting he will be all over the waiver wire; 3. Thomas - because it is time.

5. Who do you think will finish in the bottom 3? Oscar - because it is time; 2. Rock- because his team just doesn't have this year; 3. Shocker - too old and injury prone

6. The best pick that you made - Fowler

7. The worst pick that you made - Kershaw in the 2nd round

8. What player is the biggest key to your success? - C. Santana

9. Your team's weak/strong points? - Balance/ For the first time ever I predicted to do well in SB's this year. By taking Pena and Dunn late, I have bench players that can provide pop.

10. If you could swap teams with anyone else, whose would you take?

A_O
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)

Re: 2012 darft Analysis!

Postby RedBullVodka » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:21 am

1. What was your draft strategy?

I don't really have a strategy - maybe that was what Jed was alluding to in his comment?! In the end it wasa combination of best available players, guys I really like (Votto), and an attempt to balance my team so no real weaknesses. Drafttracker is actually really helpful for that.

2. Who do you think was the steal of the draft?

So difficult to tell. Guys like Hosmer and Lawrie could be, if they perform how most of us expect them to, you won't be getting them in those rounds again. Howard if he comes back in May is a big bargain, while if either Harper or Trout get called up by June should easily out perform their slots for me.

3. Who do you think was the reach of the draft?

Fowler was a couple of rounds earlier than perhaps Oscar needed to take him, although not necessarily a bad pick. Maybe Votto - by ignoring Pujols again - what do I have against that guy! - I really need him to out perform Albert to justify that pick. I think he could, but, perhaps, if I had been there live, I wouldn't have been so bold.

4. Who do you think will finish in the top 3?

I would hope me, but I will go with Rock, SeanCasey and A_O, because he seems to have the waiver wire touch.

5. Who do you think will finish in the bottom 3?

Thomas (sorry), Shockers (sorry) and Oscar (not sorry - it's league tradition). ;)

6. The best pick that you made

I hope it turns out to be Votto, because he makes the move up to being considered for #1 overall next year. I also hope Morales, and any of my bench players turn into great picks.

7. The worst pick that you made

Possibly David Wright - this injury stuff scares me already. In some ways I would prefer Zimmermann to him.

8. What player is the biggest key to your success?

All of them - they will all contribute to the team's success. They're a great bunch of lads, and we've got a great team spirit already. I will need them all during the season - they know that and we're all pulling in the same direction. (Courtesy of Paul Lambert, aka "God", manager of Norwich City Football Club).

9. Your team's weak/strong points?

Hopefully I don't have any weak points - although I need Jansen to close asap, and Marmol to rebound to 2010 form, for saves. Might be a bit light on steals.

10. If you could swap teams with anyone else, whose would you take?

No one. No one else has Votto. (Why do I love this guy so much? Weird.)
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Previous

Return to Leftovers League