Latos for Kinsler in Auction League?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Latos for Kinsler in Auction League?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Latos for Kinsler in Auction League?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Points league with pitchers favored, in fact streaming is allowed... :-o so the guys who won last year had a ton of arms. I on the other hand had a killer offense...lol. This year we are currently in the bidding process and pitching is at a premium. Just to give you an idea Cliff Lee went for 46 dollars and Lester went for 45 while Wainwright went for 36! Can keep as many players as you want per year with salary cap of 310 dollars.

I just won Latos at 30, Volquez at 10 and Saunders at 7 dollars respectively. Waiting now to bid on future players.

I was just offered Ian Kinsler(31) and 5 dollars to bid for my Latos(30). It is tempting normally I would probably would do it but with this league's settings would you? Did I overpay for Latos?

My Roster so far:

MIggy(55)(shouldn't have kept him)
McCutchen(34)
Posey(25)
Pence(21)
Hart(14)
Maybin(5)
Hosmer(2)

Price(34)
Latos(30)
Volquez(10)
Saunders(7)
Norris(6)
Hanranhan(7)
Jensen(1)

Keep Latos or go with Kinsler and 5 extra bucks?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Latos for Kinsler in Auction League?(WHIR)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 pm

i mean it depends on how your settings inflate pitcher prices so much. but $30 seems ridiculous for latos and getting kinsler + $$ for him would be ridiculously good under normal circumstances.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Well, as you can see, pitching is sooooo inflated in my league. I might ask for Kinsler and 10 bucks and that'll do it. It is just that the more pitching the better in this league so I really don't need a 30 dollar Latos just a bunch of 10 dollar Volquez's. But how good do you think Latos will be? Is he worth 30 dollars in this league when Cliff Lee went for 46 dollars?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 pm

kidsilk wrote:Well, as you can see, pitching is sooooo inflated in my league. I might ask for Kinsler and 10 bucks and that'll do it. It is just that the more pitching the better in this league so I really don't need a 30 dollar Latos just a bunch of 10 dollar Volquez's. But how good do you think Latos will be? Is he worth 30 dollars in this league when Cliff Lee went for 46 dollars?

well i have lee being worth $29 and latos at $9 so $30 seems pricey even with cliff lee going at that price. is this a normal 5x5 league or is there some setting that causes it to overvalue pitchers? either way i'm probably taking the deal but it's a no-brainer in a 5x5.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 pm

It's a points league that overvalues Wins and Ks, there are 10 categories for Pitchers and Hitters.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm

It is H2H too. LIke I said I had a total awesome offense last year and finished second to last place because my staff wasn't up to par.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I would take Kinsler.
Latos won't come close to $30.
I hear your concerns about pitching being expensive, but we are in a pitching era.
Pitching is easier to find then good hitters.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Kimbos Beard » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Can you post your scoring settings, I am really curious about these settings where Latos is worth more than Kinsler, sounds like an interesting league to say the least.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Hitters Stats:

Runs (R) = 1 Singles (1B) Doubles (2B) Triples (3B) Home Runs (HR) = 4
= 1 = 2 = 3
Runs Batted In Walks (BB) = 1 Hit by Pitch (HP) = 1 Strikeouts (K) = -0.5 Ground Into Double Play (GIDP) = -2 Stolen Bases (SB) = 2 Caught Stealing (CS) = -1

Pitchers:

Wins (W) = 7 Losses (L) = -5 Innings (INN) = 2.25 (.75 point per out recorded) Quality Start (QS) = 3 Shutouts (SHO) = 5 No Hitter (NH) = 10 Hits (H) = -0.5 Earned Run (ER) = -1 Strike Outs (K) = 0.5 Batters Grounded Into Double Play (GIDP) = 1 Walks (BB) = -1 Hit Batsman (HB) = -1 Saves (SV) = 7 Blown Saves (BSV) = -3 Holds (HLD) = 5
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kimbos Beard » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Wow thats an intense league. I think if you can bump up the amount of money he is willing to give you, I would lean towards doing it. I can see holding onto Latos in your league, I happen to like Latos alot and think he will score a ton of points for you in this format.

That being said Kinsler at 31 seems like a very good value relative to some of the other players McCutch at 34, Pence at 25, so that if he throws in say 10 with Kinsler, I do it.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions