Leaguesafe $200 Buy-In League - 6x6 ROTO (14 Team) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Leaguesafe $200 Buy-In League - 6x6 ROTO (14 Team)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Leaguesafe $200 Buy-In League - 6x6 ROTO (14 Team)

Postby gfriley » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:25 am

Looking for some competitive managers for my $200 14 team 6x6 ROTO league. This league is for competitive managers only. If you are new to fantasy baseball or dont consider yourself very knowledgeable about fantasy baseball, this league is not for you. Only managers that participate all year round should sign-up for this league. If you meet the above criteria and you are interested in the league, email me at gfriley@aol.com and I will send you an invite so you can check it out or you can use the leagueID# and password below to sign-up. League info is below.

When you go to the sign-up for the league you will probably notice the league is set-up for 20 people and the draft date might say today or tomorrow. Do not pay attention to that. I allow 20 teams in my league but the league will only be a 14 team league. Once the first 14 teams have paid all remaining teams will be removed and the league will be finalized. And no matter what the draft time says in the legaue it will be Sunday 3/25 at 12 noon EST.

$200 Buy-In Yahoo League -
League ID#: 110501
Password: baseball
DIRECT LINK = http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... d=baseball

All payments made through Leaguesafe.

Top 3 teams paid out.

Draft will be Sunday 3/25 at 12 noon EST.

Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Live Draft Pick Time:
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 19, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1350

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
Start Scoring on: Wednesday, Mar 28
Make League Publicly Viewable: No

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Leaguesafe $200 Buy-In League - 6x6 ROTO (14 Team)

Postby gfriley » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:46 pm

BUMP!
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gfriley » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 am

bump!
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gfriley » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 pm

bump!
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kaveman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 pm

On your league page you write "I keep my buy-in fees for running the league...So for the people that dont think it is fair that I keep my league fees feel free to join another league or set-up your own league."

The classified guidelines state "If your post is intended to earn yourself cash beyond the prize money in the league you plan to win, you've come to the wrong place."
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gfriley » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Well since Im not taking any money unless I win I dont see how Im making any money. And I like how you kept out all the reasoning I give for keeping my league fees. When you are going to try and be a smart guy about my league please make sure you supply all the information. Not just what you think you should post.

Below is the rest of the message regarding my fees that smart guy didnt want to mention.

(This is a total of a $2600 payout. I keep my buy-in fees for running the league and tracking down managers for the league. Tracking down the managers and keeping the league up to date takes a lot of my time. This consists of -

1. Changing the draft date daily to keep the league at the top of the search page to help recruit more managers
2. Daily updating of message boards that I post our league on
3. Responding to post on message boards, emails, and our league page. I get countless posts and emails about my leagues that I try and answer in a timely fashion.
4. Sending reminders for payment and sending reminders to managers that commit to the league to pay
5. Explaining payment to managers and helping with sending payment
6. Explaining league set-up, rules, and configuration to new maangers
7. As the league fills, rotating out deadbeat managers to allow new managers to join and pay
8. Finalizing league and updating league settings when all teams have paid.
9. Dealing with any issues during the season, such as trade disputes or line-up issues. And with Fanatsy Basbeall it is a very long season and there are usually a couple of issues.

So for the people that dont think it is fair that I keep my league fees feel free to join another league or set-up your own league. Anyone that thinks that nothing goes into setting up a league and getting it running has not tried to set one up before. There is a lot of personal time used to set-up and run a league and that is why I keep my buy-in fees. And as a warning for managers than join other leagues, make sure you join a a league you can trust. Even in a majority vote Leaguesafe league you can be screwed out of your money. The short reason why is becasue in Leaguesafe majority vote, if the majority doesnt vote correctly or at all, everyone's league fees are sent back to them and no winners are paid out. So think about what can happen if a couple people that didnt win in your league know that and tell the other people that didnt win that little secret. Thats right then the losers have no incentive to assign payouts.

Also if you have ever played fantasy sports on-line for money, every site you go to will take a much bigger portion of the pot, which I'm not even taking any of the money unless I finish in the top 3. So I do all the work setting up the league and running it but get nothing for my effort.)
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kaveman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:03 pm

I, like every other commissioner on this board, pay their entry fee. You started a league so you could have the other managers pay and you can play for free. Have you no shame? :-t
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gfriley » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Thats good for you. Apparently your time isnt as valuable as mine and Im sure you dont put in as much effort as I do.

Plus I dont know you and have no idea if you are even telling the truth or not. You saying you put your fees in your leagues means nothing to me. I dont even know if you are capable of filling a league, especially for this amount of money. I fill multiple leagues for multiple sports every year. So Im not worried about what you do. My leagues are well run and everyone is happy when the leagues are over. Not to mention people are always paid out and I prove that payouts are made. I also have managers play in mutliple leagues from multiple sports so they will confirm everything that I say. As for you,again I dont know you and your posts, opinions, and how things should be are just empty words to me. As it is stated, if you dont like my set-up feel free to join another league or create your own. Noone is forcing oyu to be in my league. And I'll assume everyone in this forum is a grownup and doesnt need you telling them how things should be. They can make judgements on thier own. They dont need you telling them what to do or how things should be.
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gfriley » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 am

bump!
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gfriley » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 pm

bump!
gfriley
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Classifieds