Zimmerman for Wright? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Zimmerman for Wright?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Zimmerman for Wright?

Postby murphydog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
murphydog wrote:Well the consensus is clearly Wright. I know both have injury concerns but should Wright's latest injury worry me even more?

I dunno...I have Wright in one keeper and have been trying to unload him for a month...no takers. I have Zimmerman in an auction league for $1 so I am happy at that price point. To me, they are esentially the same risk. The only difference is Zimmerman goes 2-3 rounds after Wright. Whether that is justified you can debate, but Wright is hardly a lock to do squat in NY next season. Yeah the walls have come in, but he is an injury risk, the team is worse and he is a head case imo with his power in the tank both home and on the road. Pick your poison really. The fact you can keep him an extra year is probably the real significance here but from a player perspective, neither one of these guys makes you sleep well at night right now. Both have huge upside...both have injury concerns....both are coming off of down seasons.

You summed that up quite well. I like Zimmerman but it is frustrating at the same time. I guess the same could be said for Wright. Thanks for the input.
murphydog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions