Santana or kuroda - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Santana or kuroda

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Santana or kuroda

Postby thetrooper » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 am

Im looking to add a fifth starter. My team is in some salery trouble but i can afford either guy. Johan is a buck and Kuroda is 9. Santana is an ineligable and wont count towards my keepers. I could keep another player and bring him up on draft day. So in essence he would be a 16th keeper. My ? Is which guy do you think would give me the best bang for my buck?
thetrooper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Santana or kuroda

Postby CadensDad » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:12 am

I like Santana for a buck, and since he doesn't count against your keepers he is really free

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Johan for sure, don't want to pay for Kuroda in the AL East.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby thetrooper » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:48 pm

But do you guys think Santana is going to do anything this year. Im kinda leaning towards kuroda but appreciate your info. My team is pretty stacked and I'm going to be in it to win it. So id be going for production this year. And I'd have to drop betances from my ineligebles. I can only have 3 and I have Harper, Jesus montero and dEllin betances. Thanks for your input
thetrooper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Nighttrain » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Definitely role the dice with Johan

viewtopic.php?t=440486
Nighttrain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Agreed. I'd gamble a buck on Johan. Good luck!

Return the favour!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=440499&p=3480123#p3480123
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:15 pm

thetrooper wrote:But do you guys think Santana is going to do anything this year. Im kinda leaning towards kuroda but appreciate your info. My team is pretty stacked and I'm going to be in it to win it. So id be going for production this year. And I'd have to drop betances from my ineligebles. I can only have 3 and I have Harper, Jesus montero and dEllin betances. Thanks for your input

I think Santana could be just as valuable as Kuroda. Though that doesn't mean much because Kuroda is unlikely to pitch like he did in LA. Now he is in the AL East and a hitters park. Take the cheaper player who is also a free keeper.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby CadensDad » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:53 pm

thetrooper wrote:But do you guys think Santana is going to do anything this year. Im kinda leaning towards kuroda but appreciate your info. My team is pretty stacked and I'm going to be in it to win it. So id be going for production this year. And I'd have to drop betances from my ineligebles. I can only have 3 and I have Harper, Jesus montero and dEllin betances. Thanks for your input

If your team is in salary trouble then it's even easier to risk a $1 on Santana, if he doesn't work out you have only invested $1 instead of $9

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thetrooper » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:58 pm

CadensDad wrote:

If your team is in salary trouble then it's even easier to risk a $1 on Santana, if he doesn't work out you have only invested $1 instead of $9

I'd be going into the draft drafting dollar players if I take kuroda instead of Johan then I can spend 8 extra bucks on a player. Not really gonna get me much. But if I take Johan as an ineligable then I can keep Boesch as one of my 15 keepers. He's the guymid cut for kuroda
thetrooper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sfjb » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Go with Santana. I think Kuroda is going to get pounded in that bandbox joke of a ballpark in NY.
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions