Who is more likely to be there when I pick - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is more likely to be there when I pick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who is more likely to be there when I pick

Postby Gmunu » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:02 am

12 teams- keep 6 players. K/9 a stat. I have Tex, Votto, Lawrie, Grienke, Strassburg and Sandoval, Crawford, and Moore to choose from. I am leaning toward dropping Crawford but I don't know if I have a better chance of getting Sandoval or Moore back when I draft in the middle of the first round. From what I am seeing there is even a chance that I may get to draft a better player than either of them in the first round. Is there any likelyhood of either of them lasting until pick #92?
Gmunu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who is more likely to be there when I pick

Postby Jase44 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 am

Gmunu wrote:12 teams- keep 6 players. K/9 a stat. I have Tex, Votto, Lawrie, Grienke, Strassburg and Sandoval, Crawford, and Moore to choose from. I am leaning toward dropping Crawford but I don't know if I have a better chance of getting Sandoval or Moore back when I draft in the middle of the first round. From what I am seeing there is even a chance that I may get to draft a better player than either of them in the first round. Is there any likelyhood of either of them lasting until pick #92?

Moore would probably fall a bit further in the draft. What are your positions like though? do you use CI because you have 2 1B and 1 3B already.

Other thing you need to think about is if you are looking to make a run for it this year then Strass and Moore wille be restricted to 160-170 innings so right there you are losing a possible 80-100inngins lost. I would trade Sandoval + strass or Moore and try to get a proven ace starter back.

Just my thoughts
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 71)

Postby murphydog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:33 am

Jase44 wrote:
Gmunu wrote:12 teams- keep 6 players. K/9 a stat. I have Tex, Votto, Lawrie, Grienke, Strassburg and Sandoval, Crawford, and Moore to choose from. I am leaning toward dropping Crawford but I don't know if I have a better chance of getting Sandoval or Moore back when I draft in the middle of the first round. From what I am seeing there is even a chance that I may get to draft a better player than either of them in the first round. Is there any likelyhood of either of them lasting until pick #92?

Moore would probably fall a bit further in the draft. What are your positions like though? do you use CI because you have 2 1B and 1 3B already.

Other thing you need to think about is if you are looking to make a run for it this year then Strass and Moore wille be restricted to 160-170 innings so right there you are losing a possible 80-100inngins lost. I would trade Sandoval + strass or Moore and try to get a proven ace starter back.

Just my thoughts

You might want to double check that. I had read that Moore would not be on an innings count this year. Can anyone confirm either way? However, you are correct about Straus.
murphydog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 am

murphydog wrote:
You might want to double check that. I had read that Moore would not be on an innings count this year. Can anyone confirm either way? However, you are correct about Straus.

Moore will not be allowed to go over 200 innings this year. So in other words, you very well might see a lot of 5 innings outings early in the year, just in case the Rays make the playoffs.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jase44 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
murphydog wrote:

Moore will not be allowed to go over 200 innings this year. So in other words, you very well might see a lot of 5 innings outings early in the year, just in case the Rays make the playoffs.

Most sources I have read have him between 175-185 this year. Not a huge loss in count but enough to make a difference if it comes down to it. Then again depending on league depth you can usually find a guy to close out the last couple weeks of the year or trade for a pitcher at the end to get you through.
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby etex211 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 am

After 126 keepers and 60 draft picks, Moore is still available in our 18 team 5x5 roto league. Sandoval went off the board in round 3 (pick 31) of the draft.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Jase44 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 am

etex211 wrote:

After 126 keepers and 60 draft picks, Moore is still available in our 18 team 5x5 roto league. Sandoval went off the board in round 3 (pick 31) of the draft.

I understand Sandoval going before Moore but I would say in most leagues anything after 120 for Moore is a steal, specially in a keeper!
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MaudDib » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:19 pm

You can't let Moore going back into the draft. He is way too good to allow someone else to pick him up just because you want to try and gamble. I would rather gamble that Crawford will make it back to you then Moore. I am worried about Crawford and that wrist injury and many other owners might feel the same.

As for Moore and an innings cap
Rays executive vice president Andrew Friedman said Matt Moore won't have an innings limit in 2012. Friedman noted that Moore has been "built up in a pretty systematic way" throughout his minor league career, with innings totals of well over 100 in each of the past three seasons. The sensational 22-year-old left-hander is poised for a massive rookie campaign and should be among the second or third tier of fantasy starters on mixed league draft boards. He had a brilliant 12.7 K/9 and 2.64 ERA in close to 500 career innings on the farm.

Again, DON'T LET MOORE GO BACK INTO THE DRAFT.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Gmunu » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 pm

OK, just to clear up a couple of things. We have 1 Corner Infield spot and 2 EH spots in our league so having 2 1B and 2 3B doesn't hurt me. Our league does not allow trading during the off season so I can't do anything like that. I know, I know, it doesn't make any sense. I am not leaning toward keeping Crawford both because of his numbers last year and the reports of his wrist injury now. I know that Moore is a top prospect but it seems like pitchers are easier to come by than hitters are, especially in a league with the 2 EH positions. I thank everybody who gave input but I think I have to take a chance with Moore going back into the pool. If you can think of any slam dunk arguement against it feel free to post it. I still have close to 2 weeks to make up my mind. Thanks again.
Gmunu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions