Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby Jase44 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 pm

StealingHome wrote:Hi all!

11-team 6x6 roto league with OPS and Holds.

We are allowed to keep 8 players. There is no year limit. Below is part of my team. I’m thinking about keeping the 6 marked with an asterisk (*) below, but am having a problem deciding on the other 2. How do you feel about Posey vs. Zobrist vs. Ian Kennedy vs. CJ Wilson vs. Matt Moore?

Thanks! WHIR

C – B. Posey ;-D
1B – J. Votto * ;-D
2B – B. Zobrist * ;-D
3B – M. Young
SS – T. Tulowitzki * ;-D
LF – R. Braun * ;-D
CF – M. Bourn * ;-D
RF – J. Bruce * ;-D
UTL – R. Howard
BN – C. Young (CF)
BN - J. Weeks
BN – E. Aybar
BN - D. Gordon

SP – I. Kennedy
SP – CJ Wilson
SP – D. Hudson ;-D
P – M. Moore



I don't know why everyone is passing on Hudson here. I prefer him slightly over Kennedy and Wilson. Although Moore has the highest upside it looks to me like you have a team to make a run for it this year and he is going to be limited to 165-175 innings this year. My vote goes to Hudson for the SP. However if you feel a lot of 3B will be protected than Young might be the better option.
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 363
(Past Year: 74)
Joined: 1 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby Element » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:52 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
jaywrong wrote:C – B. Posey ;-D
1B – J. Votto ;-D
2B – B. Zobrist ;-D
3B – M. Young
SS – T. Tulowitzki ;-D
LF – R. Braun ;-D
CF – M. Bourn ;-D
RF – J. Bruce ;-D
UTL – R. Howard
BN – C. Young (CF)
BN - J. Weeks
BN – E. Aybar
BN - D. Gordon

SP – I. Kennedy
SP – CJ Wilson
SP – D. Hudson
P – M. Moore ;-D

This no doubt. ;-D

I agree there are waaaaaaaaaay too many rating Young too highly. 8-o


I like Michael Young a lot, but I would rather have Moore too in a keeper. I would look to re-draft Young though. Since so many appear to be down on him he may fall back to you depending upon where you're drafting.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4891
(Past Year: 968)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby Jase44 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:59 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:I agree there are waaaaaaaaaay too many rating Young too highly. 8-o


i think people just vastly underrate batting average.

Maybe so, but to keep a 36 year old (who has showed down seasons in one of his most important cats) over a pitcher who might be top 10 for the next 10 years is purely felonious.



Key word there is MIGHT

One could argue when making a run to win the league this year that keeping a young pitcher who has only thrown 9 innings in the bigs over one of the most consistent bats in baseball is "felonious"
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 363
(Past Year: 74)
Joined: 1 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby Element » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Then cut Bourn and keep Young too .....
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4891
(Past Year: 968)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Element wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
jaywrong wrote:C – B. Posey ;-D
1B – J. Votto ;-D
2B – B. Zobrist ;-D
3B – M. Young
SS – T. Tulowitzki ;-D
LF – R. Braun ;-D
CF – M. Bourn ;-D
RF – J. Bruce ;-D
UTL – R. Howard
BN – C. Young (CF)
BN - J. Weeks
BN – E. Aybar
BN - D. Gordon

SP – I. Kennedy
SP – CJ Wilson
SP – D. Hudson
P – M. Moore ;-D

This no doubt. ;-D

I agree there are waaaaaaaaaay too many rating Young too highly. 8-o


I like Michael Young a lot, but I would rather have Moore too in a keeper. I would look to re-draft Young though. Since so many appear to be down on him he may fall back to you depending upon where you're drafting.

;-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15106
(Past Year: 303)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby jaywrong » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 pm

How so?

Show me what he did last year? And let's not bring BA into this, any fantasy player knows its a volatile stat that can fluctuate substantially from year to year. And don't forget, OBP is a cat here.

I could seriously pick up James Loney to put up the same numbers. Would anyone pick him up instead of Moore?

There's just not a good enough argument here to keep Young here unless you live in Texas.

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jaywrong wrote:Young
300-10-70-70-5 (and that's without much regression. he might take a step back this year.) I mean, these are James Loney numbers.


that is with quite a bit of regression.
Last edited by jaywrong on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaywrong
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 22
Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby jaywrong » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Unless you have a news report or coaches statement, they will not cap his innings. TB is very meticulous in developing their pitchers. He's ready to contribute, and will not at all have a cap.

I think Dan Hudson is due for a big regression. I go with SO's when there's a cat for it.

Jase44 wrote:
StealingHome wrote:Hi all!

11-team 6x6 roto league with OPS and Holds.

We are allowed to keep 8 players. There is no year limit. Below is part of my team. I’m thinking about keeping the 6 marked with an asterisk (*) below, but am having a problem deciding on the other 2. How do you feel about Posey vs. Zobrist vs. Ian Kennedy vs. CJ Wilson vs. Matt Moore?

Thanks! WHIR

C – B. Posey ;-D
1B – J. Votto * ;-D
2B – B. Zobrist * ;-D
3B – M. Young
SS – T. Tulowitzki * ;-D
LF – R. Braun * ;-D
CF – M. Bourn * ;-D
RF – J. Bruce * ;-D
UTL – R. Howard
BN – C. Young (CF)
BN - J. Weeks
BN – E. Aybar
BN - D. Gordon

SP – I. Kennedy
SP – CJ Wilson
SP – D. Hudson ;-D
P – M. Moore



I don't know why everyone is passing on Hudson here. I prefer him slightly over Kennedy and Wilson. Although Moore has the highest upside it looks to me like you have a team to make a run for it this year and he is going to be limited to 165-175 innings this year. My vote goes to Hudson for the SP. However if you feel a lot of 3B will be protected than Young might be the better option.
jaywrong
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 22
Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby StealingHome » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Jase44 wrote:I don't know why everyone is passing on Hudson here. I prefer him slightly over Kennedy and Wilson. Although Moore has the highest upside it looks to me like you have a team to make a run for it this year and he is going to be limited to 165-175 innings this year. My vote goes to Hudson for the SP. However if you feel a lot of 3B will be protected than Young might be the better option.


The Rays are saying that Moore is not going to have an innings limit.

I'm still torn between Posey vs. Ian Kennedy vs. Matt Moore for my final 2 spots.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 383
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Posey, CJ Wilson, Kennedy, Moore...WHIR*

Postby wheels » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Posey and Kennedy for me. Young is 36 and you could probably regrab him the draft.

Please help...viewtopic.php?t=440675
Strike Out ALS!
wheels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 568
Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eatyun and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact