$500 5x5 mixed league/Leaguesafe needs owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

$500 5x5 mixed league/Leaguesafe needs owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

$500 5x5 mixed league/Leaguesafe needs owners

Postby JoePCT » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 pm

The Swingin for Cooperstown league needs owners. Its a new league I started from scratch on cbssportsline.

Its an online snake draft that will take place on Thursday March 22nd at 7:30 PM ET.

Rosters will consist of 21 active players (one C, one 1B, one 2B, one 3B, one SS, one MI, one CI, 5 OF, U and 8 pitchers) and 7 reserves. NO IR spots.

Player Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 10 games this year.

Pitcher Minimums: Pitchers must accumulate at least 900 innings pitched and can not accumulate more then 5,000 innings pitched over the course of the season or it will be placed in last place in the team ERA and WHIP categories.

Lineup Policy: Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions.
Lineup Deadline: Lineups are set once for the start of each period. Deadline is 5 minutes before gametime on the first day of the period.

Add/Drop Policy: Add/drops are handled by a automated blind bidding auction process (FAAB).
FAAB Runs: The faab process runs on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
FAAB Budget: Each team will have a starting budget of $350.
Zero Bids: Allowed
Trade Policy: Owners may do trades.
Trade Deadline: No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 pm et 8/23/12.

2012 Swingin For Cooperstown League

Draft Date: Thursday March 22nd at 7:30 PM ET on cbssportsline. Draft is a snake draft.
Draft Order: Will be determined randomly using the cbs draft pick randomizer as soon as everyone has paid their entry fees.
Player Pool: All players - AL/NL
Player Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary positions, which will be determined by CBS, plus positions they’ve played 20 games last year or 10 games this year.
Scoring: Rotisserie System
Scoring Categories: Batting Average, Home Runs, Runs, RBI's, Stolen Bases, ERA, Wins, K's, WHIP, Saves
Lineups: Lineups consist of 21 active players and 7 reserves. You must have 21 active and 7 reserves at all times (13 hitters and 8 pitchers should be active) or your lineup will be illegal. Starters - 1 Catcher, 1 1st baseman, 1 Second baseman, 1 Third Baseman, 1 Shortstop, 1 Middle Infielder (SS or 2B), 1 Corner Infielder (1B or 3B), 5 Outfielders , 1 Utility player and 8 pitchers.
Transactions: We will be using FAAB to bid on free agents. Everyone starts out with a budget of $350. The FAAB process runs daily. There is no weekly or season limit for transactions nor is there any transaction fees.
Trades: Trades will be processed immediately however there will be a 3 person trade committee. When a trade occurs, if anyone has an issue with a trade, they will have 48 hours to post to the message board or email me and the committee process will begin. I will be on the committee along with the other 2 owners, who will be picked randomly prior to the season using an online dice rolling site. If 2 out of 3 of the commitee members feel the trade should be vetoed, I will reverse the trade and it will have to be redone. If 2 out of 3 feel the trade is fair, it will stand. If members of the committee are involved in the trade the team currently in 6th place will join the committee, then 5th place and then 7th respectively. The committee will have 48 hours to review the trade.
Entry Fee: $500.00 + $13.00 cbs fee= $513.00 (cbs fee is $159.99 total, so if all 12 of us pay $13, that should cover it)
LeagueSafe.com: I will be using leaguesafe.com to collect entry fees (except for cbs fees, which should be mailed to me before draft order is randomized) and payout to winners.
Prizes:1st place gets $4,200 or 70 %, 2nd place gets $1,200 or 20 % and 3rd place gets $600 or 10%

If interested, or have any questions, please email me... joeinct2004@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Joe
JoePCT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: $500 5x5 mixed league/Leaguesafe needs owners

Postby Valman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 pm

If you did a "no trade league", you would get a better response. Owners refrain from participating because of "Buddy" trades..........especially for that amount of monies in fees. Just an FYI
Valman
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoePCT » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 pm

I don't really see having a league that allows trading as being a problem when i'm starting a league from scratch. The way I see it is, when you have a league that has been in existence for multiple years and owners are buddies with each other, then allowing trades could lead to problems. This is a new league and i'm looking for 11 owners.
JoePCT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JoePCT » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Just adding a small change for the leaguesafe entry fees...Instead of every owner mailing me their $13 to cover the cost of the cbs fee, I will pay the $159.99 cbs fee and subtract $159.99 from my $513 (entry fee + cbs fee). So my entry fee will be $353.34 instead of $513.33.

This will be a a much quicker process and save me and the rest of the league time.
JoePCT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JoePCT » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:24 pm

bump
JoePCT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JoePCT » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:32 pm

need atleast 10 more owners. 3 more have shown interest and waiting on commitments from them.
JoePCT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JoePCT » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Now have 9 owners and need 3 more...spots going fast. Email me if interested. joeinct2004@yahoo.com

Thanks
JoePCT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JoePCT » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:55 am

bump...

need 1 more owner to fill league
JoePCT
Softball Supervisor